Exclude from heartbeat check
alex0cy
2013-01-14 06:33:41 UTC
alex0cy [http://community.zenoss.org/people/alex0cy] created the discussion

"Exclude from heartbeat check"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70977#70977

In my current installation  I'm not using zeneventlog, zenwin and zenwinperf daemons so I did not install relevant zenpacks. However I see heartbeat failure alerts for these daemons. How can I exclude these daemons from heartbeat check?

2013-01-14 14:26:31 UTC

"Re: Exclude from heartbeat check"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70965#70965

see: https://zcaportal.org/wiki/bin/view/ZCA/ZCAFAQ#How_do_I_only_run_selected_Daemons_63_40i.e._I_don_39t_want_to_monitor_Windows_devices_44_so_want_to_disable_ZenWin_etc_41 https://zcaportal.org/wiki/bin/view/ZCA/ZCAFAQ#How_do_I_only_run_selected_Daemons_63_40i.e._I_don_39t_want_to_monitor_Windows_devices_44_so_want_to_disable_ZenWin_etc_41

alex0cy
2013-01-14 14:41:13 UTC
alex0cy [http://community.zenoss.org/people/alex0cy] created the discussion

"Re: Exclude from heartbeat check"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70981#70981

In version 4.x the daemons above are installed from zenpacks, so if someone decided not to run them then it's enough to delete zenpacks or not to install them at all.

The correct table in 4.x is daemon_heartbeat in zenoss_zep db

kenhen93
2013-11-20 18:58:03 UTC
kenhen93 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/kenhen93] created the discussion

"Re: Exclude from heartbeat check"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75295#75295

mysql -u root
use zenoss_zep;
delete from daemon_heartbeat where monitor in ('hostname', 'collector', 'master') and daemon in ('zenwinperf', 'zenwin', 'zeneventlog', 'zenmail', 'zenmodeler');