Error after binding zenpacks.
goliathlibrary
2012-04-19 13:47:50 UTC
goliathlibrary [http://community.zenoss.org/people/goliathlibrary] created the discussion

"Error after binding zenpacks."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65973#65973

Hey Guys - whenever I bind a zenpack template to a host - my zenhub log starts getting errors like this:

2012-04-19 10:27:43,625 INFO zen.Relations: Ignoring unresolvable object '<persistent broken ZenPacks.zenoss.DigMonitor.datasources.DigMonitorDataSource.DigMonitorDataSource instance '\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x01\x89&'>'
2012-04-19 10:27:43,626 INFO zen.Relations: Ignoring unresolvable object '<persistent broken ZenPacks.zenoss.DigMonitor.datasources.DigMonitorDataSource.DigMonitorDataSource instance '\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x01\x89&'>'
2012-04-19 10:27:43,641 INFO zen.Relations: Ignoring unresolvable object '<persistent broken ZenPacks.zenoss.DigMonitor.datasources.DigMonitorDataSource.DigMonitorDataSource instance '\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x01\x89&'>'
2012-04-19 10:27:43,642 INFO zen.Relations: Ignoring unresolvable object '<persistent broken ZenPacks.zenoss.DigMonitor.datasources.DigMonitorDataSource.DigMonitorDataSource instance '\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x01\x89&'>'

It happens with any Zenpack (or at least the 6 or so I've tried) , I currently just have one installed - which is that DigMonitor one.

Zenoss core 3.2.1
CentOS 6.2 x86_64

Zenpacks installed using 2.6 egg.

zenpack --list
ZenPacks.zenoss.DigMonitor (/local/zenoss/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.DigMonitor-1.0.2-py2.6.egg)

Unbinding the template from my host takes the errors away - but doesn't allow me to use the zenpack of course.

Any thoughts? I've seen a few similar posts - varying in year - but I haven't been able to fix this yet.
http://community.zenoss.org/message/48171#48171#48171 http://community.zenoss.org/message/48171#48171
http://community.zenoss.org/thread/14776 http://community.zenoss.org/thread/14776

goliathlibrary
2012-04-20 13:09:21 UTC
goliathlibrary [http://community.zenoss.org/people/goliathlibrary] created the discussion

"Re: Error after binding zenpacks."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65989#65989

Have a work around:

1. Install Zenpack via any method. Restart Zope if required.
2. Bind the template of the zenpack to a device.
3. Wait for the errors to show in zenhub log.
4. /etc/init.d/zenoss-stack stop
5. /etc/init.d/zenoss-start start
6. The new zenpack should work.

I have to do this after adding any new ZenPack. Not to fun but not the end of world. Any thoughts on a fix?

2012-04-20 13:27:36 UTC

"Re: Error after binding zenpacks."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65999#65999

It's not unusual to need to restart zenoss after a zenpack install... I believe certain zenpacks document this as necessary.

goliathlibrary
2012-04-20 13:52:17 UTC
goliathlibrary [http://community.zenoss.org/people/goliathlibrary] created the discussion

"Re: Error after binding zenpacks."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65990#65990

Weird because I've only ever had to restart zope itself on any of my other instances over the years - not a full blown  stack stop and start. There is something off with this instance imo. But I have the core Zenpacks working again at least. Cheers.