Modeler Plugin - zenoss.cmd.linux.netstat_an
Jeremy Koerber
2012-08-14 18:30:50 UTC
Jeremy Koerber [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jeremykoerber] created the discussion

"Re: Modeler Plugin - zenoss.cmd.linux.netstat_an"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67827#67827

If you have servers in the device class /Server/SSH/Linux, then that modeler plugin will be used to populate the Components > IP Services section of a server as soon as the device has been modeled. I'm just finding out that it doesn't quite see the same services as zenoss.snmp.IpServiceMap. I'm monitoring the same server with both SNMP and SSH (I have it in 2 device classes for comparison), and with SNMP I see 30 IP services, and with SSH I see 13 IP services. It looks like doing with ssh (via zenoss.cmd.linux.netstat_an) doesn't see anything that is running on a port over ~1000. I want to monitor with SSH, so now I'm trying to figure out how to make it see all of the services that SNMP sees. If anyone out there knows how, please let me know!