getEvents JSON Api call error
Sandeep_Krishnan
2013-10-28 11:07:56 UTC
Sandeep_Krishnan [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Sandeep_Krishnan] created the discussion

"getEvents JSON Api call error"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75097#75097

Hi Guys,

            I trying to retrive events using the following json call, but i am struck with following response, i follow the json doc i am not able to rectify the error. Please help me out

Request

{"action": "DeviceRouter","method": "getEvents","data":[{"uid": "/zport/dmd/Devices/Server/Linux/devices/localhost"}],"tid":1}' http://x.x.x.x:8080/zport/dmd/device_router http://x.x.x.x:8080/zport/dmd/device_router

Response

{"uuid": "4ac8b512-991c-4a9d-8bd5-e64d0fa6bd52", "action": "DeviceRouter", "result": {"msg": "AttributeError: 'DeviceFacade' object has no attribute 'getEvents'", "type": "exception", "success": false}, "tid": 1, "type": "rpc", "method": "getEvents"}

Thanks
Sandeep

Rob Eagle
2013-10-28 12:33:30 UTC
Rob Eagle [http://community.zenoss.org/people/reagle] created the discussion

"Re: getEvents JSON Api call error"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75106#75106

Sandeep - You are using action/class of DeviceRouter which doesn't have getEvents method, you need to use the EventsRouter class.
--Rob

Sandeep_Krishnan
2013-10-28 15:25:41 UTC
Rob Eagle
2013-10-30 12:58:40 UTC
Sandeep_Krishnan
2013-10-30 13:26:50 UTC
Sandeep_Krishnan [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Sandeep_Krishnan] created the discussion

"Re: getEvents JSON Api call error"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75132#75132

Thanks Rob I was going over zenoss API documentaion,I came accross getEvents API call under device_router class. I just want to confirm whether it was a bug in APi documentation.

Thanks for your time.

Rob Eagle
2013-10-30 14:21:58 UTC
Rob Eagle [http://community.zenoss.org/people/reagle] created the discussion

"Re: getEvents JSON Api call error"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75124#75124

Sandeep,
Looks like it may be an issue with the zenoss code, have opened a ticket https://jira.zenoss.com/browse/ZEN-8904?jql=text%20~%20%22getEvents%22 https://jira.zenoss.com/browse/ZEN-8904?jql=text%20~%20%22getEvents%22
--Rob

Sandeep_Krishnan
2013-10-30 16:46:35 UTC
Sandeep_Krishnan [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Sandeep_Krishnan] created the discussion

"Re: getEvents JSON Api call error"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75133#75133

Thanks Rob for opening a ticket with Zenoss :-)

Sandeep