Upgrading from v2.4.5 to 4.2.3
Sylvain Baudouin
2013-02-07 08:47:01 UTC
Sylvain Baudouin [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Sylvain] created the discussion

"Upgrading from v2.4.5 to 4.2.3"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71417#71417

Hi everyone,

My company where I currently work as trainee have their network monitored by Zenoss Core, an old version : the 2.4.5. And the OS is CentOS.
My mission is to upgrade the system to the latest version.
As the first part is the study of the possible upgrade (or not), I did some research and found out about the upgrade path, but not a full one, . I also found this thread () and the upgrade section in the wiki ( http://wiki.zenoss.org/Upgrading_Zenoss http://wiki.zenoss.org/Upgrading_Zenoss).

What solution should I chose, if the only information I want to keep is the devices connected and the MIBs of the manufacturers, a upgrade following the path from 2.4.5 to 4.2.3 or can I go directly  with the latest version ?

For your information, here are the Software Component Versions :

|| Zenoss (http://www.zenoss.com) | Zenoss 2.4.5 |
|| OS (http://www.tldp.org) | Linux (i686) 2.6.9-78.0.22 |
|| Zope (http://www.zope.org) | Zope 2.8.8 |
|| Python (http://www.python.org) | Python 2.4.4 |
|| Database (http://www.mysql.com) | MySQL 5.0.24 (Ver 5.0.24) |
|| RRD (http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool) | RRDtool 1.3.5 |
|| Twisted (http:///twistedmatrix.com/trac) | Twisted 8.1.0 |
|| NetSnmp (http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net) | NetSnmp 5.1.2 |
|| PyNetSnmp (http://www.zenoss.com) | PyNetSnmp 0.28.13 |
|| WMI (http://www.zenoss.com) | Wmi 1.2.10 |

Thanks in advance for your reply,
Sylvain.

2013-02-07 16:32:51 UTC

"Re: Upgrading from v2.4.5 to 4.2.3"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71433#71433

You probably should look into zendevicedump, do a clean install of 4.2.3, zendeviceload and zenmib on the rsynced or otherwise copied MIB files.