Search for any device in event transform. How?
alex0cy
2012-08-30 08:31:45 UTC
alex0cy [http://community.zenoss.org/people/alex0cy] created the discussion

"Search for any device in event transform. How?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68309#68309

Hello everybody,

I have a setup where I have to transform events on device based on another device state.
Let's say I have device A linked to device B. In case device B goes down I have an event coming from device A that it's link to device B is down.

For example if I have device B set to Maintenance and I don't want this event coming from A to be treated as alert. I include device B name or ip address in event coming from device A as neighbourIpAddress and then I want to check in event transform for device B production state.
import Globals
from transaction import commit
device = find(evt.neighbourIpAddress)
I get the following error:

NameError: name 'find' is not defined

What is the correct way of finding and accessing any other device in event transform?

alex0cy
2012-08-30 09:00:36 UTC
alex0cy [http://community.zenoss.org/people/alex0cy] created the discussion

"Re: Search for any device in event transform. How?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68311#68311

Ok, found it myself

device =  dmd.Devices.findDevice(evt.neighbourIpAddress) did the trick