Command data source via a remote collector
felipe.castelar
2012-09-13 19:10:18 UTC
felipe.castelar [http://community.zenoss.org/people/felipe.castelar] created the discussion

"Re: Command data source via a remote collector"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68545#68545

Have you solved this? I've got the same issue here. Could some one help?

dhopp
2012-09-13 21:43:06 UTC
dhopp [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dhopp] created the discussion

"Re: Command data source via a remote collector"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68564#68564

Do you mean when you use the "Test Datasource" function in the template?  If so then I think that is what will happen as the UI is interacting with the Master server.

You can login to the remote collection and from the command line run:

zencommand run now -v10 -d <your devicename>

And it should run zencommand as it would normally run on that collector and give you debug output.

felipe.castelar
2012-09-17 17:11:05 UTC
felipe.castelar [http://community.zenoss.org/people/felipe.castelar] created the discussion

"Re: Command data source via a remote collector"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68625#68625

Thanks for the replay dhopp.

I've got it about the "Test Data Source" and the interaction UI + Master Server.

Nevertheless, the zencommand line you suggest does requests for datasources type "SNMP"? If no, what is the suitable command to run and see debug about?

To give you more details, this devece is being monitored with SNMPv3. When I use "Test Datasource" from the UI I get no response, as you explained me. But, the "snmpwalk" string is also incomplete for SNMPv3. See:

Preparing Command... Executing command snmpwalk -cHiThereCommunity -v3 192.168.xx.xx .1.3.6.1.4.1.15004.4.2.2.3.0 against 192.168.xx.xx
shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: File or directory not found.
snmpwalk: Timeout
DONE in 6 seconds

Thanks again,

Felipe Castelar

felipe.castelar
2012-09-17 17:11:42 UTC
felipe.castelar [http://community.zenoss.org/people/felipe.castelar] created the discussion

"Re: Command data source via a remote collector"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68626#68626

Thanks for the reply dhopp... heeheheh... sorry!