Missing critical disk usage thresholds in Zenoss 4
Mihail Lukin
2013-03-23 16:35:53 UTC
Mihail Lukin [http://community.zenoss.org/people/m_lukin] created the discussion

"Missing critical disk usage thresholds in Zenoss 4"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72550#72550

We are using Zenoss 2.5 in our production environment and Zenoss 4 in testing environment as possible replacement. One thing that I'm really missing in version 4 is critical disk usage thresholds, which are 95% by default in version 2. The great benefit of Zenoss in comparison with other monitoring solutions is that modeling process initializes reasonable defaults for all device components, so there is almost no need in customization after adding new device. With critical disk usage thresholds I was always sure that I won't miss any partition overuse. I understand that I can add them in existing filesystem templates, but I just wonder why they ain't there by default and if I'm missing some improvement here. Thanks.