Model of a VM
brunomrt
2011-11-10 11:59:51 UTC
brunomrt [http://community.zenoss.org/people/brunomrt] created the discussion

"Model of a VM"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62566#62566

Currently Using Zenoss Core 3.1.0

When trying to model a device that is a Virtual Machine in a VMware vSphere 4.1 environment i get the following information:

Hardware Manufacturer:
Microsoft

Hardware Model:
.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.2

OS Manufacturer:
Unknown

OS Model:
Windows Version 5.2

Processors
Manufacturer:
Unknown

Model:
Unknown Processor Type

What may be the problem? And is there any way of making this process running correctly and automatically?

Thanks

2011-11-10 13:06:13 UTC

"Re: Model of a VM"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62552#62552

VM data is usually garbage regarding hardware. It's random depending on the hypervisor and settings. And Zenoss can only take what the SNMP agent provides, and that Zenoss has a map for. There's no easy fix I'm aware of. You could, I suppose, look into adding code to zenoss, or looking at one of the ESX Zenpacks and see if they might get you what you want, though I'm really not sure what the problem is you're trying to fix from your post.