Retrive event count in zenoss using zendmd zenoss 4.1.1
Sandeep_Krishnan
2013-04-19 01:16:00 UTC
Sandeep_Krishnan [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Sandeep_Krishnan] created the discussion

"Retrive event count in zenoss using zendmd zenoss 4.1.1"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72895#72895

How to retrive the count of an event by giving the dedupid as input parameter? I am willing to learn zendmd, i could not find much help in internet and i am new to python too. please help

Thanks
Sandeep

2013-04-19 12:50:22 UTC

"Re: Retrive event count in zenoss using zendmd zenoss 4.1.1"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72911#72911

See if this FAQ entry helps:
https://zcaportal.org/wiki/bin/view/ZCA/ZCAFAQCore4#Event_escalation_based_on_event_count_doesn_39t_work_in_v4_63 https://zcaportal.org/wiki/bin/view/ZCA/ZCAFAQCore4#Event_escalation_based_on_event_count_doesn_39t_work_in_v4_63

guyverix
2013-04-20 01:29:44 UTC
guyverix [http://community.zenoss.org/people/guyverix] created the discussion

"Re: Retrive event count in zenoss using zendmd zenoss 4.1.1"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72914#72914

Since I am not running the 4.x series right now, I might be confusing things by bringing this up, but why get the count via dmd?

If the database is close to the 3.X installations, how about this in MySQL?

select dedupid, count from events.status group by dedupid;