zenoss monitoring itself gets "localhost zenjobs heartbeat failure"
tigerpaws
2013-03-10 15:05:46 UTC
tigerpaws [http://community.zenoss.org/people/tigerpaws] created the discussion

"zenoss monitoring itself gets "localhost zenjobs heartbeat failure""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72324#72324

I'm running zenoss 3.2.1, and the zenoss server itself keeps getting the zenjobs heartbeat failure. This is a centos 5.8 box, and the sever is set to the device class server/linux. Is this a valid error? What can I do to either repair the problem if there is a problem, or shut off the test?

Thanks very much.

jcurry
2013-03-12 14:35:31 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: zenoss monitoring itself gets "localhost zenjobs heartbeat failure""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72373#72373

It's probably trying to tell you that the zenjobs daemon has stopped.  As the zenoss user, try running:
zenoss status
and check that all daemons are running, including zenjobs.  If zenjobs is stopped, use:
zenjobs start
to restart it.

Especially with 3.2.1 I did find that these daemon occasionally died.  With Zenoss 4.x, zenjobs has had significant updates and I don't see this problem nearly as often.

Cheers,
Jane

tigerpaws
2013-03-12 16:08:53 UTC
tigerpaws [http://community.zenoss.org/people/tigerpaws] created the discussion

"Re: zenoss monitoring itself gets "localhost zenjobs heartbeat failure""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72376#72376

Thank you! that is exactly what it was.  I haven't had the chance to upgrade to 4.x yet, I've made some initial attempts, but it's a fairly big job here because of resource constraints.