Zenup issue
themactech
2013-09-24 15:26:18 UTC
themactech [http://community.zenoss.org/people/themactech] created the discussion

"Zenup issue"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74718#74718

Not becoming a fan of Zenup, first time I tried it, it applied without errors and bricked my zenoss.

Second attempt, I followed the instructions from the web page and now it's stuck at:

Updating zenpacks ...
Starting zeneventserver...
starting...
Waiting for zeneventserver to start....
Installing: ZenPacks.zenoss.WindowsMonitor-1.0.8.1-py2.7.egg
INFO:zen.ZenPackCMD:Previous ZenPack exists with same name ZenPacks.zenoss.WindowsMonitor

I did top and there are no processes that seem to be running...

I downloaded the RPM as root, the pristine and SP71 and SP12 ZUP files as zenoss

Installed the rpm as root

did the zenup init as zenoss, and the zenup install with the SP71, that got me the above stall

Anything I am doing wrong, I like the idea of the patching util, but it hasn't been a success for me.

Manuel

themactech
2013-09-24 19:36:36 UTC
themactech [http://community.zenoss.org/people/themactech] created the discussion

"Re: Zenup issue"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74720#74720

I tried it again, this time before I put zenoss behind https, and it worked.

Manuel