zenprocess error: first argument must be string or compiled pattern.
zimgir
2012-03-13 15:57:53 UTC
zimgir [http://community.zenoss.org/people/zimgir] created the discussion

"zenprocess error: first argument must be string or compiled pattern."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65148#65148

Hi all,
I have a problem where I deleted a process but didnt remove it from all the devices. Now I have a few hundred devices stating the following error ":error: first argument must be string or compiled pattern". Ive also gone to  several devices deleted the Osprocess and remodeled and the event error still persists. Anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the process from the devices with zendmd script? Im using zenmodeler to remodel all the devices so that part is covered. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Zenoss Core 3.2.1

| Zenoss (http://www.zenoss.com/) | Zenoss 3.2.1 |
| OS (http://www.tldp.org/) | Linux (x86_64) 2.6.18 (Linux m1 2.6.18-238.12.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue May 31 13:22:04 EDT 2011 x86_64) |
| Zope (http://www.zope.org/) | Zope 2.12.1 |
| Python (http://www.python.org/) | Python 2.6.2 |
| Database (http://www.mysql.com/) | MySQL 5.0.77 (Ver 5.0.77) |
| RRD (http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool) | RRDtool 1.3.9 |
| Twisted (http://twistedmatrix.com/trac) | Twisted 8.1.0 |
| NetSnmp (http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/) | NetSnmp 5.3.2 |
| PyNetSnmp (http://www.zenoss.com/) | PyNetSnmp 0.29.13 |
| WMI (http://www.zenoss.com/) | Wmi 1.3.13 |

Event Error:

| agent | zenprocess |
| clearid |

| component | process |
| count | 1 |
| dedupid | vnode.sea.priv|process|/Status/Snmp||4|Unable to read processes on device vnode.sea.priv; error: first argument must be string or compiled pattern |
| device | vnode.sea.priv |
| DeviceClass | /Server/Linux/Jboss/Stores |
| DeviceGroups | |/Prod/Stores |
| DevicePriority | 3 |
| eventClass | /Status/Snmp |
| eventClassKey |

| eventClassMapping |

| eventGroup | Process |
| eventKey |

| eventState | 0 |
| evid | 2c7250a4-59ea-4620-bb00-0721fb700c96 |
| facility | unknown |
| firstTime | 2012/03/13 15:51:55.000 |
| ipAddress | 10.23.142.14 |
| lastTime | 2012/03/13 15:51:55.000 |
| Location | /sea1/Prod |
| manager | m1.sea.priv |
| message | Unable to read processes on device vnode.sea.priv; error: first argument must be string or compiled pattern |
| monitor | localhost |
| ntevid | 0 |
| ownerid |

| priority | -1 |
| prodState | 1000 |
| severity | 4 |
| stateChange | 2012/03/13 15:51:55.000 |
| summary | Unable to read processes on devicevn ode.sea.priv; error: first argument must be string or compiled pattern |
| suppid |

| Systems | | |

zimgir
2012-03-13 16:35:13 UTC
zimgir [http://community.zenoss.org/people/zimgir] created the discussion

"Re: zenprocess error: first argument must be string or compiled pattern."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65149#65149

Looks like I have snmp v1 set and setting it to v2c has let me remodel, clear the error, and also remove the orphaned processes on the devices.