Help required for implementation
Yatin Dave
2012-03-21 07:35:39 UTC
Yatin Dave [http://community.zenoss.org/people/ZauZenOSS] created the discussion

"Help required for implementation"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65354#65354

Hello All ZenOSS Expert,

We have installed and start a pilot site to monitor on ZenOSS core, It is really an amazing tool to have in toolkit. We have few queries if you can help in the matter.

1. 1> We did not get the interface up/down changes notification from any devices we have
2. 2> We would like to add some device specific OIDs to be monitored and have notification base on the same
3. 3> We would like to have graphical representation of the NW and have some audio/visual notifications.

Help in this matter will be highly appreciated

2012-03-21 13:31:54 UTC

"Re: Help required for implementation"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65360#65360

1. Zenoss doesn't monitor interface up/down by default, but there are many postings on the forums regarding that functionality and how to get it and pros/cons etc.

2.  Read the Admin Guide

3. Read the Admin Guide re maps, plus recent forum posts re google stop providing the maps API, work arounds etc...