Event error with Graph data - The threshold high utilization Graph
WebGuyInternet
2011-12-13 17:03:23 UTC
WebGuyInternet [http://community.zenoss.org/people/WebGuyInternet] created the discussion

"Event error with Graph data - The threshold high utilization Graph"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63246#63246

For the past few months now I have had a recurring error that I have just acknowledged for now but It is very puzzling to me why it started and more puzzling as to how it gets fixed.  The event details are below:

*Message:* The threshold high utilization in template /zport/dmd/Devices/rrdTemplates/ethernetCsmacd has caused an exception.
*dedupid:* zenhub|User-supplied Python expression ((here.speed or 1e9) / 8 * .80) for maximum value caused error: ['ifInOctets_ifInOctets', ' ifOutOctets_ifOutOctets(missing)(missing)(   <-- (I assume that the error was trimmed when it went into the database but it looks like there could be more.)

I think it has something to do with the Threshold Utilization graph but why doesn't it happen on all systems if it is a graph error?  This error only appears for one host, which does happen to be the Zenoss Server.  Under the Graph definition I also have an error there, see below:

This is a screenshot of the ifOutOctets definition:
It looks normal.   Any ideas would be appreciated or if you need more information I can get it for you.  Zenoss Version 3.2.

Thanks!

jcurry
2011-12-13 18:51:02 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: Event error with Graph data - The threshold high utilization Graph"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63270#63270

Is there any chance that you have a local copy of this template for your zenoss system?  If so, make sure you check that version of the template, not just the default one under /Devices.

I have followed the link to posting 57516 and done several "Save"s on the threshold but I am NOT seeing the corruption.  This is on a 3.2.1 system.

Cheers,
Jane

WebGuyInternet
2011-12-13 18:55:58 UTC
WebGuyInternet [http://community.zenoss.org/people/WebGuyInternet] created the discussion

"Re: Event error with Graph data - The threshold high utilization Graph"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63271#63271

There isn't a local one that I can find... but the screenshot I had was at the \devices level and you can see the (missing)(missing) errors there, not at a local level.

kb8u
2011-12-15 00:50:09 UTC
kb8u [http://community.zenoss.org/people/kb8u] created the discussion

"Re: Event error with Graph data - The threshold high utilization Graph"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63262#63262

The rest of the python error description may be in /opt/zenoss/log/localhost/zenhub.log or one of the other log files.  Any clues there?

Carlo Toniolo
2013-04-28 08:36:54 UTC
Carlo Toniolo [http://community.zenoss.org/people/carlot] created the discussion

"Re: Event error with Graph data - The threshold high utilization Graph"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73002#73002

Hi, may this would help.

I have the same error... Drive me crazy for a log time ... not harmful indeed but very annoying. This is my situation:

Added this template: \NAS\QNAP\FileSystem  (right from the template in the Server container )

With the same variables:

This works: i can see the graph and all that stuff in the device view. But with the error:
The threshold high disk usage in template /zport/dmd/Devices/Server/rrdTemplates/FileSystem has caused an exception.

Then this morning try something:
Change data sources names in my template:
That seems to help...

Would this be the solution?

WebGuyInternet
2013-04-29 14:23:27 UTC
WebGuyInternet [http://community.zenoss.org/people/WebGuyInternet] created the discussion

"Re: Event error with Graph data - The threshold high utilization Graph"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72998#72998

I resolved the issue a few weeks ago by doing a complete reinstall and erasing the data.  That was the only way to positively fix it.  But thanks for your suggestions.

Carlo Toniolo
2013-04-30 12:36:42 UTC
Carlo Toniolo [http://community.zenoss.org/people/carlot] created the discussion

"Re: Event error with Graph data - The threshold high utilization Graph"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73009#73009

Thanks... with an update: The errors are still there for the Template I didn't change...The error comes out after a remodel. :(