Needing help with ZenPacks - Zenoss Core 4.2.3
Jean-Michel Beylard-Ozeroff
2013-02-06 15:22:04 UTC
Jean-Michel Beylard-Ozeroff [http://community.zenoss.org/people/unirisc] created the discussion

"Needing help with ZenPacks - Zenoss Core 4.2.3"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71393#71393

Hello,

I was having a bit of trouble with the VMware Appliance but finally got it to work.
Everything is now fine except for ZenPacks.

* zenpack --list command returns nothing
* In the web UI, Advanced - Settings - ZenPacks - Loaded ZenPacks shows a blank page
* ls -l /opt/zenoss/ZenPacks lists a bunch of ZenPacks*egg directories and an easy-install.pth

A link is apparently broken somewhere but I don't have a clue how to "rebuild" it.

In previous versions, it would have been possible to just reinstall the ZenPacks RPM I guess but it seems that now, there is only one RPM for both Zenoss Core and the ZenPacks so I didn't risk it.

I'm sure it's an easy one for some of you but although I've looked around for a few hours, I haven't been able to figure it out by myself :-/

Thanks a lot for your help !

Jean-Michel Beylard-Ozeroff
2013-02-19 13:20:01 UTC
Jean-Michel Beylard-Ozeroff [http://community.zenoss.org/people/unirisc] created the discussion

"Re: Needing help with ZenPacks - Zenoss Core 4.2.3"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71581#71581

In case someone has the same issue, here's what I did to fix it :

1. Download Zenoss Core 4.2.3 on my Windows PC
2. Extract the files using 7-zip
3. Browse to the folder containing the Zenpacks (zenoss_core-4.2.3.el5.x86_64\opt\zenoss\packs)
4. Reinstall the ZenPacks one by one using the web UI ( http://zenoss:8080/zport/dmd/ZenPackManager/viewZenPacks http://zenoss:8080/zport/dmd/ZenPackManager/viewZenPacks)

Note that you can't install them in alphabetical order since there are some dependecies between the ZenPacks.
(WindowsMonitor before ActiveDirectory for instance)

I now have a fully functionnal Zenoss 4.2.3 setup :)
I hope the next upgrade will go more smoothly though ...