Display Bandwidth usage on Graphs?
NeoUTTGen
2012-02-03 23:54:39 UTC
NeoUTTGen [http://community.zenoss.org/people/NeoUTTGen] created the discussion

"Re: Display Bandwidth usage on Graphs?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64245#64245

Bump. I'm having the exact same problem. I've been researching how to accomplish this for the last week and can come up with no helpful answers. I work for an ISP in a small town that provides internet to local businesses. We would like to use Zenoss to monitor the total amount of bandwidth being provided to each of the switches around town. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shane Scott
2012-02-04 05:52:42 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Display Bandwidth usage on Graphs?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64248#64248

dragon:

For 32-bit templates use:

VDEF:ifInOctetsAve=ifInOctets-raw,AVERAGE
CDEF:ifInOctetsMod=ifInOctets-raw,UN,ifInOctetsAve,ifInOctets-raw,IF
CDEF:ifInOctetsModBits=ifInOctetsMod,8,*
VDEF:ifInOctetsTotal=ifInOctetsModBits,TOTAL
AREA:ifInOctets-rpn#00cc00ff:Inbound
GPRINT:ifInOctets-rpn:LAST:cur\:%5.2lf%s
GPRINT:ifInOctets-rpn:AVERAGE:avg\:%5.2lf%s
GPRINT:ifInOctets-rpn-max:MAX:max\:%5.2lf%s
GPRINT:ifInOctetsTotal:Total In\:%5.2lf%s\j
VDEF:ifOutOctetsAve=ifOutOctets-raw,AVERAGE
CDEF:ifOutOctetsMod=ifOutOctets-raw,UN,ifOutOctetsAve,ifOutOctets-raw,IF
CDEF:ifOutOctetsModBits=ifOutOctetsMod,8,*
VDEF:ifOutOctetsTotal=ifOutOctetsModBits,TOTAL
LINE1:ifOutOctets-rpn#0000ff99:Outbound
GPRINT:ifOutOctets-rpn:LAST:cur\:%5.2lf%s
GPRINT:ifOutOctets-rpn:AVERAGE:avg\:%5.2lf%s
GPRINT:ifOutOctets-rpn-max:MAX:max\:%5.2lf%s
GPRINT:ifOutOctetsTotal:Total Out\:%5.2lf%s\j

and for 64-bit templates change ifIn and ifOut to ifHCIn and ifHCOut.

Best,
--Shane (Hackman238)

NeoUTTGen
2012-02-07 17:11:27 UTC
NeoUTTGen [http://community.zenoss.org/people/NeoUTTGen] created the discussion

"Re: Display Bandwidth usage on Graphs?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64327#64327

Thank you for the reply!
Okay, I got to the office this morning and tried creating new custom graph definitions inputting the code that you gave. I'm pretty almost positive I'm running on a 32-bit server but I input both code definitions just in case.
For some reason, the graphs aren't showing up. I'm not sure if I'm just puting the code in the wrong place or what.
I've tried making the graphs under the Monitoring Templates for devices as well as going to
Reports >>> Multi-Graph Reports
and inputting the cade there as well.
So far all I get is the picture below.

Are there custom data points that I need to make?
Any troubleshooting help is greatly appreciated! Thank again

~Kelso

http://community.zenoss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-64327-11509/Test+Graph+Image+2.bmp http://community.zenoss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-64327-11509/450-153/Test+Graph+Image+2.bmp

Shane Scott
2012-02-07 18:27:19 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Display Bandwidth usage on Graphs?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64328#64328

NeoUTTGen:

Make sure the datapoints are added to the graph and that the graph points are not set to draw. Add my code to the custom graph section of graph templates.

--Shane

NeoUTTGen
2012-02-07 19:14:49 UTC
NeoUTTGen [http://community.zenoss.org/people/NeoUTTGen] created the discussion

"Re: Display Bandwidth usage on Graphs?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64344#64344

Sorry to keep bothering you, everything seems great so far but I'm having trouble with the data points.
The only one that shows up when I go to manage them is the SysUpTime Data point.
Should I be making new ones for each device? Thanks,

~Kelso

Shane Scott
2012-02-11 19:49:05 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Display Bandwidth usage on Graphs?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64482#64482

NeoUTTGen:

Is your device in the right device class? It sounds like the ethernet template applied doesnt have the other datasources added.

--Shane (Hackman238)

NeoUTTGen
2012-02-13 22:46:48 UTC
NeoUTTGen [http://community.zenoss.org/people/NeoUTTGen] created the discussion

"Re: Display Bandwidth usage on Graphs?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64526#64526

I have them all in the "Access Point" device class. It seemed to be the logical place to put them but I could be incorrect.

~Kelso

Shane Scott
2012-02-18 18:14:35 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Display Bandwidth usage on Graphs?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64573#64573

NeoUTTGen:

Do the devices currently collect and display any graphs under that device class? Can you post an example?

Best,
--Shane

Pdot 82
2012-10-16 06:07:25 UTC
Pdot 82 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/pidotgila] created the discussion

"Re: Display Bandwidth usage on Graphs?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69229#69229

Hi Shane,

I using Zenoss v4.2 and done with these steps. Yet the bandwith graph still not display:

1. Monitoring template -> Graph definitions -> Add Graph definition called "Bandwidth"
2. Changed template to 64 bits and paste in the Custom Graph Definition -> Submit
3. Add Data Points : Manage Graph Point -> add ifHCInOctets & ifHCOutOctets (Edit Graph Point -> Line Type : Not Drawn)

Here the 64 bits template I used:

VDEF:ifHCInOctetsAve=ifHCInOctets-raw,AVERAGE
CDEF:ifHCInOctetsMod=ifHCInOctets-raw,UN,ifHCInOctetsAve,ifHCInOctets-raw,IF
CDEF:ifHCInOctetsModBits=ifHCInOctetsMod,8,*
VDEF:ifHCInOctetsTotal=ifHCInOctetsModBits,TOTAL
AREA:ifHCInOctets-rpn#00cc00ff:Inbound
GPRINT:ifHCInOctets-rpn:LAST:cur\:%5.2lf%s
GPRINT:ifHCInOctets-rpn:AVERAGE:avg\:%5.2lf%s
GPRINT:ifHCInOctets-rpn-max:MAX:max\:%5.2lf%s
GPRINT:ifHCInOctetsTotal:Total In\:%5.2lf%s\j
VDEF:ifHCOutOctetsAve=ifHCOutOctets-raw,AVERAGE
CDEF:ifHCOutOctetsMod=ifHCOutOctets-raw,UN,ifHCOutOctetsAve,ifHCOutOctets-raw,IF
CDEF:ifHCOutOctetsModBits=ifHCOutOctetsMod,8,*
VDEF:ifHCOutOctetsTotal=ifHCOutOctetsModBits,TOTAL
LINE1:ifHCOutOctets-rpn#0000ff99:Outbound
GPRINT:ifHCOutOctets-rpn:LAST:cur\:%5.2lf%s
GPRINT:ifHCOutOctets-rpn:AVERAGE:avg\:%5.2lf%s
GPRINT:ifHCOutOctets-rpn-max:MAX:max\:%5.2lf%s
GPRINT:ifHCOutOctetsTotal:Total Out\:%5.2lf%s\j

Here is the screenshot of the "Bandwidth" Custom Graph

Here is the screenshot of the "Bandwith" Graph Commands

Graph showing this:

Did I missing something?

Thanks in advance..

frederic poirier
2012-02-29 20:53:33 UTC
frederic poirier [http://community.zenoss.org/people/EnderWiggins] created the discussion

"Re: Display Bandwidth usage on Graphs?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64855#64855

Amazing that the tool can be customized that much!!

Any control over the total transfered bytes period ? For example 30 last days other than the zoom level ?

Shane Scott
2012-02-29 20:56:04 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Display Bandwidth usage on Graphs?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64840#64840

fred:

Sure. When you specify the bounds of the graph specify 30 days. :)

Best,
--Shane (Hackman238)