New user needs some helps!
lily li
2012-01-31 22:10:41 UTC
lily li [http://community.zenoss.org/people/flyfish990] created the discussion

"New user needs some helps!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64042#64042

I am new to Zenoss Core (Version 3.2.1).
After searched the Zenoss forums, I still have a few questions to ask:
1.     How can I switch to Zenoss user like ‘su – zenoss’ through web browser?
2.     How can I configure  the snmp and wmi services in my Windows Server 2008 R2
3.     I installed a zenpack through web UI and restarted the Zenoss, but it doesn’t show on the list?
Also, I am not sure how I can execute the zenPack installed by default?

2012-02-01 12:55:41 UTC

"Re: New user needs some helps!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64091#64091

Hmmm, I think you should read the Admin guide and other documentation.

Question 1 literally doesn't make sense to me. It's sort of like asking how I can change the sort of cheese the moon is made out of. You don't change OS users via the web interface, you'd do it from the CLI...

Question 2 is very open ended, and my gut response would be to read Microsoft's documentation, and ask on a Microsoft forum about how to configure services on Windows Server... Maybe some detail as to where you're having problems having Zenoss poll the already set up Windows Server services and we could help...

Question 3 is ok. You had some problem installing the Zenpack, but the WebUI doesn't give debugging output. Try installing from the CLI as the Zenoss user. See what that says.

I also don't know what you mean by execute the zenpack... Usually a Zenpack provides something in Zenoss that does stuff (well, without knowing what Zenpack, I can only be as vague as you are being here).

Finally, to help you get useful answers, read this: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html