unable to install Vmware Zenpack
sysengJoe
2013-04-16 21:10:18 UTC
sysengJoe [http://community.zenoss.org/people/sysengJoe] created the discussion

"unable to install Vmware Zenpack"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72881#72881

So i'm trying to install the vmware SNMP zenpack ( http://wiki.zenoss.org/ZenPack:VMware_ESX_SNMP http://wiki.zenoss.org/ZenPack:VMware_ESX_SNMP).  But when i try to install it via commandline i'm getting this

[***@zenoss ~]$ zenpack --install ZenPacks.community.VMwareESXMonitor-1.0-py2.4.egg
ERROR:zen.ZenPackCmd:Zenpack ZenPacks.community.VMwareESXMonitor-1.0-py2.4.egg requires Zenpacks.zenoss.ZenossVirtualHostMonitor
ERROR:zen.ZenPackCmd:zenpack stopped: ZenPacks.community.VMwareESXMonitor-1.0-py2.4.egg not installed

Thing is, I already have Zenpacks.zenoss.ZenossVirtualHostMonitor installed.  What gives?

guyverix
2013-04-17 15:59:34 UTC
guyverix [http://community.zenoss.org/people/guyverix] created the discussion

"Re: unable to install Vmware Zenpack"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72875#72875

Are you attempting to install this on a 4.X instance?  If so, you are going to have to see if there is a newer version of the ZenPack.

sysengJoe
2013-04-17 18:59:54 UTC
sysengJoe [http://community.zenoss.org/people/sysengJoe] created the discussion

"Re: unable to install Vmware Zenpack"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72887#72887

Ahh ok, that makes sense.  There's a lot of VMware stuff floating out there.  It would be nice if some better/some up to date documentation was out there.  Even the Extended Monitoring guide was pointing me towards ESXTOP and the vmware CLI, which is what got me interested in SNMP in the first place.  Does having this mean i should remove the ESXtop zenpack?