Linux COMMAND datasource errors in 4.2.4
Mark Miller
2013-10-25 17:24:15 UTC
Mark Miller [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rellim] created the discussion

"Linux COMMAND datasource errors in 4.2.4"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75085#75085

I am using Zenoss 4.2.4 to monitor Linux machines among nearly 800 other devices.  The COMMAND-based data sources don't want to update the RRD files for what appears to be any flavor of Linux.

I receive zencommand errors with tracebacks from Python indicating 'File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenRRD/ComponentCommandParser.py", line 67, in dataForParser return dict(componentScanValue = getattr(context, self.componentScanValue)) AttributeError: mount' when modeling and allowing the core to collect data on its routine schedule.  Yet, when I manually collect data using 'zencommand run -d <box>' from the CLI or UI everything updates correctly and the device failures are marked as CLEAR.

I am struggling to troubleshoot this.  The only log entries I can find appear in zenhub.log and they are just as generic as the cryptic message above.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

hydruid
2013-10-25 17:27:25 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: Linux COMMAND datasource errors in 4.2.4"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75093#75093

I may not be of much help but I found this post that might be!

http://community.zenoss.org/thread/13672;jsessionid=360102E8F141649967F28BA9AED6D8F4.node0?tstart=1 http://community.zenoss.org/thread/13672;jsessionid=360102E8F141649967F28BA9AED6D8F4.node0?tstart=1

Mark Miller
2013-10-25 17:40:12 UTC
Mark Miller [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rellim] created the discussion

"Re: Linux COMMAND datasource errors in 4.2.4"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75101#75101

I saw that one, too.  I have not edited/compiled python on the Zenoss box and I am unsure what it would take to do so at this point.

What "appears" different about my situation is that it works manually.  I can see it running those exact lines of code correctly with good parsed data when I execute it myself with the verbose option.  I can even successfully do so from a command I put in the UI list with ping/traceroute/etc.

Other thoughts?  Pointers on python editing?

hydruid
2013-10-25 18:52:39 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: Linux COMMAND datasource errors in 4.2.4"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75094#75094

I'm sorry wish I could help more......might say hello in the IRC channel ;)