Custom start/end dates on graph reports
chrisv
2012-03-08 17:46:35 UTC
chrisv [http://community.zenoss.org/people/chrisv] created the discussion

"Custom start/end dates on graph reports"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65077#65077

I'd like to be able to set the start and end date for graphs where the source data is taken from the rrd database files instead of using the "Range" drop down and then zooming in/out until I get the correct time range. Ideally such functionality would exist on the graphs page for each device and the reports page but just having this functionality somewhere would be a start.

My question is does this exist in a zenpack already? Has someone done something similar? Is it a trivial task to add the date/time selectors for graphs? Ok more than one question but I'm hoping something already exists or someone can provide some insight to get me started in the right direction.

ChrisV

dpetzel
2012-03-08 17:51:43 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Custom start/end dates on graph reports"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65078#65078

I'm not aware of anything that exists today, nor do I believe it would be trivial to implement. Out of curiosity, whats the use case driving you to want to select from date/time values stored in the RRD, as opposed to just picking from a calendar?

chrisv
2012-03-08 18:06:50 UTC
chrisv [http://community.zenoss.org/people/chrisv] created the discussion

"Re: Custom start/end dates on graph reports"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65080#65080

I need to be able to look at performance information over several time periods, some of which will not necessarily be consecutive from the current date. Monday through Friday of last week is an example. Doing this with the current graph navigation is a challenge.

FWIW I don't really need to pick from the times stored in the rrd database. A calendar selector would work fine, someting like what is used on the availability report page. What is important is being able to set the start and end date for the graphs.

A bonus would be the ability to set the time of day as well so I could look at a performance graph that showed data from 9am to 5pm on any particular day, or something similar. However, just being able to set the start/end dates would be a start.

dpetzel
2012-03-08 18:09:04 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Custom start/end dates on graph reports"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65081#65081

Ah gotcha. yeah I'm not aware of anything like that, but I wish there were. Its been one of our teams biggest complaints coming from Cacti to Zenoss was unflexible date range support is on the graphs

robertr
2012-08-29 23:13:00 UTC
robertr [http://community.zenoss.org/people/robertr] created the discussion

"Re: Custom start/end dates on graph reports"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68283#68283

I wrote this because I have been missing this option..

http://community.zenoss.org/thread/18347 http://community.zenoss.org/thread/18347