ssCpuIdle value showing zero
zconkle
2011-12-08 22:31:42 UTC
zconkle [http://community.zenoss.org/people/zconkle] created the discussion

"Re: ssCpuIdle value showing zero"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63144#63144

Dave,

Have you given any more consideration to creating a zenpack? My graphs for the CPU have extremely high percentages (Like 175913277.6%) with the derive graph. It would be nice for us mere mortals to be able to just install a zenpack.

Mike McDonough
2012-09-25 22:00:46 UTC
Mike McDonough [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mikemcdonough] created the discussion

"Re: ssCpuIdle value showing zero"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68731#68731

Hey Dave,

Your script works fine but, and there always seem be one..., has there been a ticket opened on the fact that while $ZENHOME/Products/DataCollector/plugins/zenoss/snmp/CpuMap.py gets the correct number of sockets in hw.cpus, this does not reflect the accurate number of processors CpuMap pulls from HOST-RESOURCES-TYPES::hrDeviceProcessor?

(I'm spinning up Zenoss version 4 alongside of version 3)

If hw.cpu were to be set correctly then the alias/formula ("cpu__pct"/"__EVAL:str(len(here.hw.cpus())) + ',/,100,EXC,-'") would correctly normalize the data.

I noticed Jane refered to the how-to on it; I may have skipped over that.

--mikemcd