Cisco Graphs / Port Monitoring???
Braden Wright
2012-03-06 22:04:28 UTC
Braden Wright [http://community.zenoss.org/people/bradenwright] created the discussion

"Cisco Graphs / Port Monitoring???"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65005#65005

So I have been able to setup Zenoss.

I have manually added some Cisco devices...

1) 3640 Router
2) Some Catalyst switches

So I have been able to add the devices.

1) for the cisco 3640 router it shows snmp is working/connecting
SNMP SysName:
HWA-Router1.hwahomewarranty.com
SNMP Location:

SNMP Contact:

SNMP Description:
Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software IOS (tm) 3600 Software (C3640-A3JK9S-M), Version 12.3(26), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2) Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport http://www.cisco.com/techsupport Copyright (c) 1986-2008 by cisco Systems, Inc. Compiled Mon 17-Mar-08 1
SNMP Community:
public

SNMP Version:
v1
2) Switch example

SNMP SysName:
HWA_SWITCH1
SNMP Location:

SNMP Contact:

SNMP Description:
Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software IOS (tm) C3500XL Software (C3500XL-C3H2S-M), Version 12.0(5)WC7, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) Copyright (c) 1986-2003 by cisco Systems, Inc. Compiled Wed 05-Mar-03 09:59 by antonino
SNMP Community:
public

SNMP Version:
v1
And snmp-walk from the console works, but I don't have any info in the graphs.  I have previously used Cacti and that worked (gave me port stats) before, I really like this product and have been trying to switch since its got a lot more in it.

Any help would be great, as I very new to Zenoss and have not done much with SNMP ;)

dpetzel
2012-03-06 23:25:39 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Cisco Graphs / Port Monitoring???"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65008#65008

I don't monitor any Cisco devices myself, but my guess is you'll need to install one ore more of the Cisco zenpacks ( http://community.zenoss.org/community/zenpacks http://community.zenoss.org/community/zenpacks) to get more details.

Braden Wright
2012-03-07 15:12:47 UTC
Braden Wright [http://community.zenoss.org/people/bradenwright] created the discussion

"Re: Cisco Graphs / Port Monitoring???"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65041#65041

Alright I figured it out.  I made a few tweaks, but 90% sure that the one that did it was....

Under Advanced -> Daemons

I noticed that zenperfsnmp was stopped, so I started it and I have statistics coming through.