error with zencommand in new install
luck
2013-02-14 13:44:01 UTC
luck [http://community.zenoss.org/people/luck] created the discussion

"error with zencommand in new install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71508#71508

I have a new install, CentOS 6.3 64 bit, zenoss 4.2.3 using the latest autodeploy.
Actually I've reinstalled it several times because of different problems.
Uninstall and remove the zenoss dir, mysql and its dirs rabbitmq, etc.
I have zenoss running this time, but when I add a template and run zencommand -d collector1, I get either ,
(without the template bound)
" ERROR zen.collector.config: Configuration for collector1 unavailable -- is that the correct name?"
or
(with template bound)
" zen.collector.config: Task configLoader configure failed: Can't pickle objects in acquisition wrappers."
At one point one point, I could run zencommand and have it complete and return the output of the template command, both zenpacks and nagios plugins.
This latest install, I have not gotten this to work at all.

What is the config it's looking for and how do I fix this and the pickle problem?

Thanks, Kurt

Shane Scott
2013-02-15 18:01:25 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: error with zencommand in new install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71532#71532

Luck:

Do you have a master and a remote collector? The -d attribute is for supplying a device name for which to collect, not a collector ID. It also won't accept the d.title attribute, only the real ID (as listed in the devices URL).

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

luck
2013-02-18 19:31:43 UTC
luck [http://community.zenoss.org/people/luck] created the discussion

"Re: error with zencommand in new install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71560#71560

Shane,
Thanks for your response.
The collector1 is running collectd. It is not a Zenoss collector but should be being monitored by the zenoss collector.

Kurt Luck

Shane Scott
2013-02-19 17:22:13 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: error with zencommand in new install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71585#71585

luck:

collectd?

--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

luck
2013-02-19 17:36:30 UTC
luck [http://community.zenoss.org/people/luck] created the discussion

"Re: error with zencommand in new install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71587#71587

collectd.org.  It is another collector.  Highly configurable, but no nice interface.  We are using collectd in place of our old zenoss zenperfsnmp.  We collect somewhere around 50-60,000 data points every 5 minutes and it was slowing the zenoss server to a crawl.
We have been running collectd in parallel with zenoss for several years now. Don't care too much about alerts, thresholds, etc on this data,  just store the rrd files it creates and produce graphs from them.

Shane Scott
2013-02-21 18:19:46 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: error with zencommand in new install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71635#71635

luck:

I'm not familliar with collectd, I'm not certain I can be much help. Sorry.

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

luck
2013-02-21 18:46:21 UTC
luck [http://community.zenoss.org/people/luck] created the discussion

"Re: error with zencommand in new install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71641#71641

This really has nothing to do with collectd, that is just a server.  My problem is with Zenoss and the "unavailable -- is that the correct name?" and "Can't pickle objects in acquisition" errors.  I get this with all the devices I have tried.  I have zenpacks for ntp or dns or ldap on different devices, they all show these errors.

Kurt.

Shane Scott
2013-02-21 19:15:39 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: error with zencommand in new install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71653#71653

luck:

I don't think I've ever seen that error before. Can you do a zenpack --list and post it?
From the zenoss user, zendmd.
d=dmd.Devices.findDevice('yourProblemDevice')
d.__class__

and post the result.

Thanks man!

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

luck
2013-02-21 19:51:55 UTC
luck [http://community.zenoss.org/people/luck] created the discussion

"Re: error with zencommand in new install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71654#71654

Shane,

Here is the output.

zenpack --list
ZenPacks.zenoss.ActiveDirectory (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.ActiveDirectory-2.1.0-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.ApacheMonitor (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.ApacheMonitor-2.1.3-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.DellMonitor (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.DellMonitor-2.2.0-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.DeviceSearch (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.DeviceSearch-1.2.0-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.DigMonitor (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.DigMonitor-1.1.0-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.DnsMonitor (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.DnsMonitor-2.1.0-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.EsxTop (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.EsxTop-1.1.0-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.FtpMonitor (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.FtpMonitor-1.1.0-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.HPMonitor (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.HPMonitor-2.1.0-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.HttpMonitor (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.HttpMonitor-2.1.0-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.IISMonitor (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.IISMonitor-2.0.2-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.IRCDMonitor (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.IRCDMonitor-1.1.0-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.JabberMonitor (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.JabberMonitor-1.1.0-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.LDAPMonitor (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.LDAPMonitor-1.4.0-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.LinuxMonitor (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.LinuxMonitor-1.2.0-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.MSExchange (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.MSExchange-2.0.4-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.MSMQMonitor (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.MSMQMonitor-1.2.1-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.MSSQLServer (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.MSSQLServer-2.0.3-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.MySqlMonitor (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.MySqlMonitor-2.2.0-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.NNTPMonitor (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.NNTPMonitor-1.1.0-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.NtpMonitor (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.NtpMonitor-2.2.0-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.PySamba (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.PySamba-1.0.0-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.WindowsMonitor (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.WindowsMonitor-1.0.5-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.XenMonitor (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.XenMonitor-1.1.0-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenAWS (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenAWS-1.1.0-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenJMX (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenJMX-3.9.3-py2.7.egg)
ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenossVirtualHostMonitor (/opt/zenoss/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenossVirtualHostMonitor-2.4.0-py2.7.egg)

zendmd
d=dmd.Devices.findDevice('collector1')
d.__class__
<class 'Products.ZenModel.Device.Device'>
d=dmd.Devices.findDevice('stats')
d.__class__
<class 'Products.ZenModel.Device.Device'>

Thanks for your time
  Kurt

Shane Scott
2013-02-26 00:19:49 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: error with zencommand in new install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72141#72141

Kurt:

Let's try something. If you zenmodel run now -d 'collector1' does it say the config is unavailable?

--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

luck
2013-02-26 12:18:05 UTC
luck [http://community.zenoss.org/people/luck] created the discussion

"Re: error with zencommand in new install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72166#72166

Shane;

That is what happens.
I have since re-installed zenoss and is seems to be behavin now.
On a previous install, I had several devices added  that were working.  I think I did a discovery on a network and then started having problems.  The network contains the Zenoss host.  I don't know whether or not  that is significant.
In install I started this thread about, I did a discovery on that network first and have not had any devices work with zencommand.

I'd like to know what you are thinking, because I'm not sure I won't get into this situation again.

Thanks, Kurt.

kenhen93
2013-09-23 19:51:41 UTC
kenhen93 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/kenhen93] created the discussion

"Re: error with zencommand in new install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74735#74735

I am having this same problem. I have setup a version of Zenoss with remote collectors and when i try to run zenperfsnmp run -d <server> -v10 (from the remote collector) it gives me this error

ERROR zen.collector.config: Configuration for <server> unavailable -- is that the correct name?

the Server is registered to that collector
d=dmd.Devices.findDevice('collector')
d.__class__
<type 'NoneType'>