Problem with loading MIB's
Piotr Poliwka
2012-12-03 15:43:34 UTC
Piotr Poliwka [http://community.zenoss.org/people/piotr.poliwka%40videocall.co.uk] created the discussion

"Problem with loading MIB's"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70288#70288

Hi

I've loaded VMware version of Zenoss Core 4.2 on my ESXi.
I'm having problems loading MiBs
For instance this guide does not work fo me:
http://sysadminwiki.net/site/doku.php/monitoring/zenoss/adding_mibs_into_zenoss_4 http://sysadminwiki.net/site/doku.php/monitoring/zenoss/adding_mibs_into_zenoss_4

I tried with root login ( not sure of any other permitted users by default or their passwords )
Command like ls $ZENHOME/share... always comes back no such file or directory

I can see these folders under /opt/zenoss/....
Sorry for my lack of Linux understanding.

Custom MiB that I have loaded via Web Interface seems to work but I'm still missing quite a few default MIB's as some standards based traps are coming up as numbers :-(

Please help

Andrew Kirch
2012-12-03 16:47:46 UTC
Andrew Kirch [http://community.zenoss.org/people/akirch] created the discussion

"Re: Problem with loading MIB's"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70276#70276

I am using the community script, but I would point out that the $ZENHOME variable only exists if you're the zenoss user.  If you're trying to run as root these commands wont work.  If this is not the actual issue, please paste the output from a zenmib run, and I'll look at it further.

Thanks!

Piotr Poliwka
2012-12-03 17:04:43 UTC
Piotr Poliwka [http://community.zenoss.org/people/piotr.poliwka%40videocall.co.uk] created the discussion

"Re: Problem with loading MIB's"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70290#70290

Hi

I don't know what are the requirements but it sounds like I'm not doing it right :-)

Is it possible to create a User within Zenoss pages that will allow me to login via SSH ? Please point me in the right direction/manual and I'll research this further.

Just to be clear I'm using pre-built version of Zenoss in VMware format ( I've converted it using VMware tools and it runs on ESXi ) that I only started configuring via Web browser.
The only things I've done via SSH was root pwd reset, set static IP and some routes required for my environment.

Thanks

Andrew Kirch
2012-12-03 17:32:25 UTC
Andrew Kirch [http://community.zenoss.org/people/akirch] created the discussion

"Re: Problem with loading MIB's"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70279#70279

login to the machine as root and su to zenoss, you can run zenmib from there :)