SNMP agent down
Vlad Vvvvv
2011-11-08 11:04:59 UTC
Vlad Vvvvv [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Vlad] created the discussion

"SNMP agent down"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62509#62509

Good day!
I have a problem with zenoss. I need to monitor network devices such as routers and switches using only ICMP without SNMP.
I tried using autodiscovey, but a have onle snmp devices there. Help me please.
I only need a function to add a whole network and monitor it using ping.

dpetzel
2011-11-08 12:00:50 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: SNMP agent down"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62511#62511

I think the key to what you are after is the zSnmpMonitorIgnore zProperty.

I think their might be a top level device organizer called "Ping" (I cant remember if I created this on my install or if it came out of the box).  You can put your devices there, or if you prefer you can create a new device class anywhere you want. After you create it, edit the configuration properties (zProperties) and set zSnmpMonitorIgnore to True.

This should have the affect of doing "Ping Only" checks

Vlad Vvvvv
2011-11-09 07:05:12 UTC
Vlad Vvvvv [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Vlad] created the discussion

"Re: SNMP agent down"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62532#62532

I have already put all devices to ping category and look at their properties. all of them got zSnmpMonitorIgnore = True.
I need to have monitoring using PING but when i test shutdown a device - nothing changing.
Help me please to configure it, or say me where can i read about ping monitoring using Zenoss.
Thank you for your further help!

Mike McDonough
2011-11-09 14:06:21 UTC
Mike McDonough [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mikemcdonough] created the discussion

"Re: SNMP agent down"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62524#62524

You stated that you "already put all devices to ping catagory." Since it sounds like these devices were initially placed into the discovered device path, it may be that each device may need to have their modeler bindings reset. Also check to be sure you do not have any snmp dependent modeler plugins assigned to the ping device path and/or each of the devices in question.

Vlad Vvvvv
2011-11-10 07:26:09 UTC
Vlad Vvvvv [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Vlad] created the discussion

"Re: SNMP agent down"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62563#62563

I put all devices in ping category and cleared old events.
Now I can't understand, why when the divice is down it has red flag status, but when it up - no flag, can it be green for exmple ?

Mike McDonough
2011-11-10 16:03:46 UTC
Mike McDonough [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mikemcdonough] created the discussion

"Re: SNMP agent down"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62570#62570

I'm not sure where you are seeing this. If you are referring to infrastructure --> devices screen, under the events column, that's normal behavior. Under events --> history, you should see the clear event.

Has the original problem cleared?