Zencommand is showing missed runs
kenhen93
2014-02-11 14:20:35 UTC
kenhen93 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/kenhen93] created the discussion

"Zencommand is showing missed runs"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75663#75663

On a few of my collectors zencommand is showing a bunch of missed runs. I cannot seem to find any documentation on this.

2014-02-11 09:12:26,120 INFO zen.zencommand: 427 devices processed (187457 datapoints)
2014-02-11 09:12:26,134 INFO zen.collector.scheduler: Tasks: 470 Successful_Runs: 9561 Failed_Runs: 0 Missed_Runs: 39 Queued_Tasks: 0 Running_Tasks: 4

The two collectos that are showing this are monitoring around 700 servers each. The hardware that these collectors live on is pretty beefy and I don't see the collector maxing it out.

I did find this thread which lead me to increase 'maxparallel' config setting from 50 to 85.

http://community.zenoss.org/message/73565#73565?tstart=0 http://community.zenoss.org/message/73565?tstart=0

Does this simply mean my collector cannot handle the amount of zencommand datapoints?

I am running 4.2.4 on RH6 x64. Thank you for any help!