Device Class Organizer Shows Critical Status - Devices are clear
0graham0
2011-11-17 15:35:54 UTC
0graham0 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/0graham0] created the discussion

"Device Class Organizer Shows Critical Status - Devices are clear"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62675#62675

Hello all,

There are 3 servers in our esxtop category which are all clear. The esxtop organizer (and it's parents) are all showing a critical status. We are running Zenoss 3.2.0 on a centos 5 machine.

I have:
- Made sure there are no hidden devices in the category (all filters are clear and all 5 production states are checked).
- Made sure critical events are shown in event console, none exist.
- Deleted and recreated/remodeled all 3 servers. Even when every server was deleted the organizer showed a critical status.
- Ran ./ZenDeleteHistory.py to clear the event history
- Cleared all heartbearts and cleared event cache from the Event Manager page.
    print "Removing IP addresses linked to invalid devices."
    fixCount = 0
                unused = i.getDeviceLink()
                self.exitGracefully()
                print "  - removing %s" % i.id
                n.ipaddresses._delObject(i.id)
                fixCount += 1
    commit()
    if fixCount > 0: print
- Opened zenoss in a browser on another machine to make sure this wasn't a cache issue.

Any other ideas? Let me know if there are any relevant logs that I can post to provide further details. Thanks.

Shane Scott
2011-11-17 16:16:10 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Device Class Organizer Shows Critical Status - Devices are clear"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62654#62654

0graham0:

If the critical statuses are caused by 'down' events you can try restarting zenhub and then zenping.

--Shane (Hackman238)

0graham0
2011-11-17 16:22:37 UTC
0graham0 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/0graham0] created the discussion

"Re: Device Class Organizer Shows Critical Status - Devices are clear"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62677#62677

Whoops, I forgot to mention I've run 'zenoss restart' as the zenoss user several times. Is it different to restart zenhub and then zenping on their own?

Shane Scott
2011-11-17 16:47:56 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Device Class Organizer Shows Critical Status - Devices are clear"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62657#62657

0graham0:

Hum. Zenoss restart will take care of zenhub and zenping. Strange issue.

You could try:

mysql -u root -p
{type password, might be blank}

use events;
delete from status where severity = 5;

That'll delete all criticals in the status table. Could add a condition for the device name if you like.

Best,
--Shane (Hackman238)

0graham0
2011-11-17 16:57:23 UTC
0graham0 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/0graham0] created the discussion

"Re: Device Class Organizer Shows Critical Status - Devices are clear"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62678#62678

2 rows were affected (unfortunately I don't know enough about mysql to run this verbosely or log the change so I'm not sure which two). Anyhow, the status issue was immediatly fixed in Zenoss. Thanks for your assistance!

Shane Scott
2011-11-17 16:59:02 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Device Class Organizer Shows Critical Status - Devices are clear"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62658#62658

0graham0:

Anytime. :)

--Shane (Hackman238)