How to update from 4.2.0 to 4.2.3?
GVJosh
2013-01-24 19:00:20 UTC
GVJosh [http://community.zenoss.org/people/GVJosh] created the discussion

"How to update from 4.2.0 to 4.2.3?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71200#71200

I've checked the site and searched the web for this answer but cant seem to find it.  I can find instructions on how to "upgrade" from 3.x to 4.x but can't seem to find simple instructions on how to "update" from 4.2.0 to 4.2.3.  There doesn't seem to be a built-in mechanism for this in Zenoss.

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to do a simple revision update from one minor to the next?  Thanks!

nilie
2013-01-24 19:22:05 UTC
nilie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nilie] created the discussion

"Re: How to update from 4.2.0 to 4.2.3?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71208#71208

The installation manual has a section dedicated to upgrading to the current version. Just follow those steps and you're done.

Steve Nantel
2013-01-24 21:09:36 UTC
Steve Nantel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/boozecow] created the discussion

"Re: How to update from 4.2.0 to 4.2.3?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71209#71209

If you follow the zenocore installation guide pdf,
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/zenoss/Zenoss_Core_Installation_01-012013-4.2-v09.pdf http://downloads.sourceforge.net/zenoss/Zenoss_Core_Installation_01-012013-4.2-v09.pdf

For me what I did:
From CentOS 6
stop zenoss (service zenoss stop)

Download the latest version of Rabbitmq and install it/upgrade (rabbitmq-server-3.0.1-1.noarch.rpm)
Download the zenoss rpm (zenoss_core-4.2.3.el6.x86_64.rpm)

Install :
yum -y --enablerepo=epel --nogpgcheck localinstall zenoss_core-Version.el#.x86_64.rpm

restart zenoss

I also installed that fixe to be able to skip invalid windows 8 r2 volumes and prevent my zenwinperf to crash:
http://community.zenoss.org/message/69227#69227 http://community.zenoss.org/message/69227

Have fun !

GVJosh
2013-01-24 23:07:06 UTC
GVJosh [http://community.zenoss.org/people/GVJosh] created the discussion

"Re: How to update from 4.2.0 to 4.2.3?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71217#71217

Steve:

Thanks for your help!  Everything went smooth until the last bit at the final restart.  I get this:

Daemon: zentrap starting...
Daemon: zenmodeler starting...
Daemon: zenperfsnmp starting...
Daemon: zencommand starting...
Daemon: zenprocess starting...
Daemon: zenrrdcached starting...
Daemon: zenperfsql starting...
/opt/zenoss/bin/python: can't open file '/opt/zenoss/zenperfsql.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Daemon: zenjmx starting...

I've confirmed that everything else seems to be working fine.  I've also confirmed that the file really truly does not seem to exist as indicated.  What happened in the ugprade that it would have gone away?  How can I get a copy of this file and get it in place so it will start this daemon properly?

Andrea Consadori
2013-01-25 13:36:43 UTC
Andrea Consadori [http://community.zenoss.org/people/andrea.consadori] created the discussion

"Re: How to update from 4.2.0 to 4.2.3?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71214#71214

i've the same issue,
remming out the info in this file i fix the issue
vi /opt/zenoss/var/zenpack_actions.txt

(but i've no zenpack installed) :0

GVJosh
2013-01-25 18:38:38 UTC
GVJosh [http://community.zenoss.org/people/GVJosh] created the discussion

"Re: How to update from 4.2.0 to 4.2.3?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71225#71225

Andrea:

Thanks for the tip, but even though I do have ZenPacks installed, my zenpack_actions.txt file is empty so it did not help.