Monitor System Daemons with changing parameters
Nathan Harris
2013-02-14 08:31:19 UTC
Nathan Harris [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nathan.harris] created the discussion

"Re: Monitor System Daemons with changing parameters"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71506#71506

Hi Zenoss Users

Has Zenoss stopped support for the community edition? I am seriously looking elsewhere perhaps back to Nagios.

2013-02-14 13:17:56 UTC

"Re: Monitor System Daemons with changing parameters"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71507#71507

What gives you that idea? Zenoss just released a huge 4.2 update and a bugfix in 4.2.3... They have more of a community presense than in years... Sadly, some community / ZCA members are less active than they have been because of vacations and other life events... It looks like your thread fell through the cracks. Have you tried (if it works for you) checking "ignore arguments"? That is what I do for processes that change their name. Don't forget to restart Zenprocess after config changes.

Also, version of Zenoss?

Nathan Harris
2013-02-22 12:12:34 UTC
Nathan Harris [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nathan.harris] created the discussion

"Re: Monitor System Daemons with changing parameters"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71658#71658

Hi James

Thank you for coming back to me, I think its this issue

http://community.zenoss.org/message/19772#19772 http://community.zenoss.org/message/19772

but there does not appear to be a work around, any idea?

Glad to here that Zenoss has support but I still think we are lacking on engineer input...

cheers

Nathan

2013-02-22 13:50:28 UTC

"Re: Monitor System Daemons with changing parameters"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71660#71660

I checked some things, and Zenoss 4.2+ has totally re-worked the process monitoring and it is (and I quote) "far less broken" than in < v3.2.1 ... Seeing as you haven't told us what version you're using, I'll just suggest testing with the latest redesigned process monitoring in 4.2.1 ...

nilie
2013-02-22 16:35:28 UTC
nilie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nilie] created the discussion

"Re: Monitor System Daemons with changing parameters"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71650#71650

Threats and mentioning other products here will not speed up the resolution of your problem, that's for sure. We all know other products might be better suited for speciffic tasks or needs, however our comun interest here on this forum is to make the most out of what Zenoss Core offers and at the same time to help developers improve it for our mutual benefit.

2013-02-22 20:37:34 UTC

"Re: Monitor System Daemons with changing parameters"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71668#71668

The post you referenced was "resolved" as needing a feature request. Zenoss currently by design either monitors the whole process along with arguments or ignores arguments. There isn't an in-between. Please search and see if there is a ticket requesting that feature and add your support or open a new ticket requesting that feature.

nilie
2013-02-23 22:44:09 UTC
nilie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nilie] created the discussion

"Re: Monitor System Daemons with changing parameters"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71867#71867

James,

I am aware that his problem got resolved but I did not appreciate the way he asked for help. My message was intended to remind him that basic rules of civility must be respected on this forum. I did not like his "help me with this or else" manners.

Best regards,

Nicu ILIE

2013-02-25 15:37:32 UTC

"Re: Monitor System Daemons with changing parameters"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72155#72155

nilie I was actually replying to Nathan as to the answer that what he wanted isn't there by design... I think your comments are fine...

nilie
2013-02-24 03:04:05 UTC

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71871#71871

http://www.motoculture-crussol.com/qcflwp/5h2htgwmhu9wz3fxsod2fqgts.a1?32/24/2013 http://www.motoculture-crussol.com/qcflwp/5h2htgwmhu9wz3fxsod2fqgts.a1?32/24/2013 4:03:44 AMN I

Nathan Harris
2013-04-16 09:19:16 UTC
Nathan Harris [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nathan.harris] created the discussion

"Re: Monitor System Daemons with changing parameters"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72834#72834

Sir

Often what is written can be misunderstood, it was not intended as a threat it was more an observation. Zenoss has been a brilliant system for us in education; we only use the community edition as the enterprise version is beyond our budget.

Any help is really appreciated, however I wanted to see any one was reading the forum from Zenoss.

Apologise if I have offended, but it was really not my intension.