Resources needed for master and several collectors environment.
Sjef van Zeeland
2013-01-16 20:41:47 UTC
Sjef van Zeeland [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jepke] created the discussion

"Resources needed for master and several collectors environment."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71034#71034

New to Zenoss ( currently Opsview user )

We currently work with Opsview 3 (1 master and 7 slaves) i wanted to upgrade to 4 but than im not able to run slaves anymore so i found Zenoss.
And really satisfied with the extra features and easy use compared to opsview.

My question is the amount of hardware resources do we need, i want to be able to grow to a 1000 devices maximum.

We currently monitor 200 Cisco routers in different environments but most of them are in a secured VPN cloud where one slave is running.

Master hardware what we run now will be replaced with whatever we need.

slaves are currently 1ghz 1gig mem and 10 gig harddrive virtual machines.

Slaves are currently monitoring between 15 and 30 Cisco routers.

Next question: Can i create an environment with 1 master 7 slaves (collectors) and one of those 7 a slave fall-back master ?