maplinks on error state even if associated nodes are ok
nelsan
2012-03-22 16:54:51 UTC
nelsan [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nelsan] created the discussion

"maplinks on error state even if associated nodes are ok"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65373#65373

Hi.

We've created a bunch of fakes interfaces on devices that interconnect sites. For each link, the 2 nodes located on extremities have a fake interface with IP’s on a 127.0.0.0/30 network (127.0.0.0/30, 127.0.0.4/30 and so on). Only these networks have the "zDrawMapLinks" property set to "true".
Everything works fine for sites with only 1 link. If an end-point of a link goes down, only the related link goes down on the map.
However, we’ve sites connected to multi-sites and, when one devices goes down, even links located on other networks not related with the faulty device are appearing on a down state (red) on the map.
Does somebody else are experiencing the same problem?
We're using zenoss 3.2.1 on a centos.

Thanks.

nelsan
2012-03-22 17:38:39 UTC
nelsan [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nelsan] created the discussion

"Re: maplinks on error state even if associated nodes are ok"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65376#65376

From the administrator manual:

On "locations" topic:

"...
The color of the line will represent the highest severity of any events affecting the connection. These are determined by:
* A ping down event on the device at either end of the connection; or
* Any event on the interface at either end of the connection.
"
On our case, there's no ping down or other critical state at either end of the connection nor any event on the interfaces.

Shane Scott
2012-03-27 04:02:49 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: maplinks on error state even if associated nodes are ok"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65520#65520

nelsan:

Are there suppressed event on any of the associated devices? I don't recall if these events cause WAN line updates on the map, but if they do there's a good chance your event console isn't showing suppressed state events.

--Shane (Hackman238)

nelsan
2012-03-27 18:27:40 UTC
nelsan [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nelsan] created the discussion

"Re: maplinks on error state even if associated nodes are ok"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/65541#65541

Hi Shane.

We haven't suppressed any event on the associated devices where the links should be on a green state.
I've a question: could the link be represented down because the layer 3 dependecy of any of the associated device be down?

Thanks.