alerting rules (emails)
ds_01
2013-10-08 15:20:54 UTC
ds_01 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/ds_01] created the discussion

"alerting rules (emails)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74868#74868

Hi

Just trying to get my head a round this. Any pointers would be most welcome.

So I have a rule setup for a developer for a specific device (a linux server) which emails for the following criteria:

Event state = New
Message is not heartbeat
Production stae = Production
Severity >= Critical
Count > 1

Whats hes actually after is excessive/extraordinary usage of:

memory usage
CPU usage

IO usage
communication on certain ports

I'm just trying to figure out where to start. I will probably need to define some limits on those. Is it even possible to monitor certain ports?

Do I need to add local templates?

thanks

hydruid
2013-10-08 15:32:02 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: alerting rules (emails)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74870#74870

It sounds like you have things setup correctly. If the dev wants additional
info, lower it down from Critical to Warning and adjust accordingly!