Getting 64-bit interface counters to work
mwcotton
2013-08-15 21:00:52 UTC
mwcotton [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mwcotton] created the discussion

"Re: Getting 64-bit interface counters to work"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74384#74384

I created a new device class for the linux devices with 64 bit  interface counters, then added new datasources and graphs for the new 64 bit interface oids. When I test like you did that a linux device has the 64 bit counters , I put them in the 64 bit device class.

ebogaard
2013-08-16 07:15:13 UTC
ebogaard [http://community.zenoss.org/people/ebogaard] created the discussion

"Re: Getting 64-bit interface counters to work"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74375#74375

Thanks for your workaround, I'll maybe try that.
It seems to me, though, that Zenoss itself should be able to detect 64-bit counters flawlessly. Not just 9 out of 10, but 10 out of 10. Saves us all a lot of work ;-)