Zenoss alert messages problem
gunshift
2012-02-28 07:59:01 UTC
gunshift [http://community.zenoss.org/people/gunshift] created the discussion

"Zenoss alert messages problem"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64821#64821

Hello

     My clear messages are sent from Zenoss server but it's fault msg becuase they contain an empty detail such as:

*[zenoss] CLEAR: ABC disk space threshold: 91.4% used (11.7GBfree)*
+Event: 'disk space threshold: 91.4% used (11.7GB free)'+
+Cleared by: ''  *<---- (Event summary is empty)*+
+At: +*<---- (Date is empty)*++
+Device: ABC+
+Component: fData Label:Z: Serial Number: zzzzzzzz+
+Severity: Warning+
+Message:+
+disk space threshold: 91.4% used (11.7GB free)+

h6. As above email, the problem of ABC server is still running and I don't no why blank messages were sent. *Please give a recommenation to me to solve this problem.*

PS: The message below is a right email for clear event
Event: 'disk space threshold: 94.6% used (7.4GB free)'
Cleared by: 'disk space threshold: 69.2% used (42.1GB free)'
At: 2012/02/28 00:19:52.000
Device: ABC
Component: fData Label:Z: Serial Number:ffffff
+
+

Shane Scott
2012-02-29 02:07:21 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss alert messages problem"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64834#64834

gunshift:

Navigate to the device then to the devices events page. Go to the history and show only clear events. Try to find the event that cleared this event. Please post it.

Best,
--Shane (Hackman238)