Zenup diff - 1 file added, 4 files modified
Jared Ready
2013-10-14 15:33:21 UTC
Jared Ready [http://community.zenoss.org/people/residentbiscuit] created the discussion

"Zenup diff - 1 file added, 4 files modified"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74960#74960

I just installed Zenoss 4.2.4 in our test environment via the auto-deploy script. I was then going to apply the latest patch (SP71). When I get to 'zenup diff' though, it shows that 1 file has been added, and 4 modified. According to http://wiki.zenoss.org/ZenUp http://wiki.zenoss.org/ZenUp , there should be no diff at all. Here is the paste of the diff: http://fpaste.org/46633/38176462/ http://fpaste.org/46633/38176462/

Is this OK to procede? If so, maybe the Wiki should be edited to reflect this behavior. It looks like it's stuff all from the auto-deploy script, but I'd like be sure.

Thanks!

Andrew Kirch
2013-10-14 16:49:07 UTC
Andrew Kirch [http://community.zenoss.org/people/akirch] created the discussion

"Re: Zenup diff - 1 file added, 4 files modified"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74961#74961

there are 2 4.2.4 RPM artifacts and I'm wondering if this is the issue.  Would you please post an
# rpm -qa | grep zenoss

Jared Ready
2013-10-14 17:11:03 UTC
Jared Ready [http://community.zenoss.org/people/residentbiscuit] created the discussion

"Re: Zenup diff - 1 file added, 4 files modified"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74962#74962

rpm -qa | grep zenoss
zenoss-4.2.4-1897.el6.x86_64

It's a fresh install, so there shouldn't be any artifacts, right?

Jared Ready
2013-10-15 21:09:10 UTC
Jared Ready [http://community.zenoss.org/people/residentbiscuit] created the discussion

"Re: Zenup diff - 1 file added, 4 files modified"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74966#74966

Running 'zenup install <zup> --dry-run' gives the following output: https://paste.fedoraproject.org/47032/71211138/ https://paste.fedoraproject.org/47032/71211138/

The end under 'Results:' seems to be the interesting bit. Any suggestions?