Using Fping Zenpack (No data in grpahs)
Mayank Khanna
2013-01-25 20:02:18 UTC
Mayank Khanna [http://community.zenoss.org/people/ryan87] created the discussion

"Using Fping Zenpack (No data in grpahs)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71227#71227

Hi
I am new to this zenpack stuff i tried to install a sample template name fping that used to monitor fping command on the device added , i try to run my command through GUI its working fine its gettng values of the variable used in command but unfortunately there is no data in the graphs.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Mayank

2013-01-25 20:13:26 UTC

"Re: Using Fping Zenpack (No data in grpahs)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71235#71235

So to quote my reply in the old thread, you got part 1 and or 2... Let's try part 3!:
A couple things before I can try and help:

1. If a thread is 4 years old - start a new one

2. If you have a similar but not the same issue - start a new thread

3. See: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Specifically on point 3 above, I have no idea what version of Zenoss or fping zenpack you are using, or how you installed the zenpack. I don't know what errors if any you've gotten, nor what you've tried, or what was unclear in the directions in this thread previously. I can say that you probably aren't using the same version those instructions were for as it looks like I was referring to Zenoss v2 UI...

Now that I've been snarky (it's morning here) - do you know where the administration guide is? Did you read the section on performance templates and binding like I suggested in 2009?