Zenoss dashoard line between Locations
Jimmy De Bie
2013-09-23 08:54:07 UTC
Jimmy De Bie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jimmydebie] created the discussion

"Zenoss dashoard line between Locations"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74732#74732

All,

On my dashboard, on of the applets is the Locations one. We have 3 Lcations covered by an MPLS network, I want to see a line between my 3 locations as we are on the same network.
Currently I only see 3 dots representing each location, what do I need to do to get a line between all of them? Loading Image... Loading Image...

hydruid
2013-09-23 13:32:07 UTC
hydruid [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hydruid] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss dashoard line between Locations"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74733#74733

Good Morning....found a post that will help explain.

"Here's how it works, when Zenoss sees two IP addresses belonging to the
same network segment but situated in two different locations, it will draw
a green line between the two locations."

http://community.zenoss.org/thread/16705 http://community.zenoss.org/thread/16705

A possible solution would be to monitor the "network segment" that the
sites are using for MPLS (e.g. Mine us 10.100.x.x addresses) but it all
depends on how your config is setup.