How can I creat/use a template for "configuration properties"?
Erming Pei
2012-08-29 22:54:43 UTC
Erming Pei [http://community.zenoss.org/people/erming] created the discussion

"How can I creat/use a template for "configuration properties"?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68280#68280

I need change the SNMP stuff from default version v2 to v3 along with other SNMP v3 propertise (Security Name, authType...).
I need to apply it for all nodes.

However, I tried the monitoring template function, it doesn't work for the "configuration properties" part. Maybe only for the performance data.

Any solution for this?
Thanks.

kerickson
2012-09-04 14:42:15 UTC
kerickson [http://community.zenoss.org/people/kerickson] created the discussion

"Re: How can I creat/use a template for "configuration properties"?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68387#68387

You change configuration properties for classes of devices.

1) From the Infrastructure tab, select a device class (e.g. Network)
2) Click the Details button
3) Select Configuration Properties

Change away.

The changes apply to all devices in the class and subclasses, unless explicitly overridden in a subclass or on a device.

Erming Pei
2012-09-04 21:16:03 UTC
Erming Pei [http://community.zenoss.org/people/erming] created the discussion

"Re: How can I creat/use a template for "configuration properties"?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68392#68392

Hi Kerickson,

Thanks very much ---It works!!

Erming