OS Process up and Down
kenhen93
2011-12-21 19:20:42 UTC
kenhen93 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/kenhen93] created the discussion

"OS Process up and Down"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63382#63382

I had a bunch of servers running on my master Zenoss server fine but some of the NRPE checks we were doing were starting to time out so we decided to move about 10 at a time to one of the collectors (to get rid of some load on the master). Ever since the move to the collect they are constantly alerting that one of that java is down (which is defined in the OS process). Event come in, clear and come back randomly on 40 different nodes. I turned this specific OS process default monitor to off but I still get events.

I have tried restarting zenoss on the collector and master. I have turned on debug on zenprocess to only see how it keeps discovering new java process. I reindex my zencatalog on my master to see if that would help but it did not.

I know the process are up.

What should I do next? Thanks.

kenhen93
2011-12-22 18:53:21 UTC
kenhen93 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/kenhen93] created the discussion

"Re: OS Process up and Down"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63390#63390

It looks like the zencatalog reindex worked.