ZENRRD - External Front-End for Zenoss Graphs. Cacti Like zooming with date ranges
robertr
2012-08-29 23:08:02 UTC
robertr [http://community.zenoss.org/people/robertr] created the discussion

"ZENRRD - External Front-End for Zenoss Graphs. Cacti Like zooming with date ranges"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68281#68281

Moving from cacti to zenoss has been great, except for one thing... date ranges in graphs. Here is an external interface (php/cgi) to run under apache on your zenoss server. More information about the requirements, install and some screenshots are located at github. I have also attached the screen shots to this post.

I wrote this becuase I wanted to have the ability to specify date ranges and zoom graphs
* It's only been test on Zenoss 4.2
* It currently only works for Interface Graphs (specifically the Throughput)

https://github.com/ljunkie/zenrrd https://github.com/ljunkie/zenrrd

dpetzel
2012-08-29 23:09:56 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: ZENRRD - External Front-End for Zenoss Graphs. Cacti Like zooming with date ranges"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68274#68274

This is awesome!!. This was our biggest complaint coming from Cacti to Zenoss. If this gets incorporated in various places, it would be a HUGE win.

robertr
2012-08-30 18:22:12 UTC
robertr [http://community.zenoss.org/people/robertr] created the discussion

"Re: ZENRRD - External Front-End for Zenoss Graphs. Cacti Like zooming with date ranges"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68323#68323

Yea, the funny thing is that the renderserver does take end and start. I.E. copy your graph url from zenoss and append something like '&start=1346306361&end=1346317053'. It seems zenoss could implement the date range and zoom features in the interface pretty easily. It makes me wonder.. is this in the enterprise version?

On another note, I am already looking into adding the other graphs into this interface. Mainly the packets/sec, errors/sec on each interface and the cpu/mem graphs for the device. I don't really use any other graphs so I don't know what else I would want to look at including.

robertr
2012-08-31 00:56:59 UTC

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68343#68343

Here is a link to working DEMO  http://zenrrd.linuxjunkie.com http://zenrrd.linuxjunkie.com