Copying zenoss content from one zenoss 424 server to another zenoss 424 server.
pjimenez
2014-02-12 17:11:22 UTC
pjimenez [http://community.zenoss.org/people/pjimenez] created the discussion

"Copying zenoss content from one zenoss 424 server to another zenoss 424 server."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75673#75673

So here is my dilemma and here is what i'm working with. So we currently have Zenoss 3.2.1 in production running RHEL version 5. My project is to create a new vm with RHEL version 6, install zenoss 321, (migrate the instance from the production server over to this new vm) and then upgrade to zenoss 4.2.4. I have already done this and it is working fine. However, until this new vm goes into production, obviously the data on the zenoss 321 production server is contstantly changing. *If I have 2 vm's running zenoss 424 on RHEL version 6, how do I copy or migrate the instance or data from one server to the other ?* I have already tried just removing directories on one server and then copying from the other, but it doesn't work for me. I know that running a zeopack -h localhost -p 8100 works on
zenoss 321 and then you just migrate the Data.fs.old file and migrate zenpacks, but this doesn't seem to work on zenoss version 424. I get connection 8100 errors.

1. Zenoss 4.2.4
2. RHEL version 6
3. MySQL 5.5.28-1