avahi-daemon needed for zenoss (centos 6)?
jeronimo
2013-05-29 15:28:49 UTC
jeronimo [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jeronimo] created the discussion

"avahi-daemon needed for zenoss (centos 6)?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73352#73352

I've been getting a lot of noise in my system logs (centos 6) for avahi-daemon.  A LOT of "invalid query packet" lines.  I'm wondering if avahi-daemon is even needed for anything on zenoss.  Can I shut it off?

nilie
2013-05-29 17:14:58 UTC
nilie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nilie] created the discussion

"Re: avahi-daemon needed for zenoss (centos 6)?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73373#73373

No, AVAHI is not needed in Zenoss and you may safely turn it off.