Adding WMI Filesystem Utilization Graph to custom report
William Washco
2013-01-24 00:17:38 UTC
William Washco [http://community.zenoss.org/people/xx3nvyxx] created the discussion

"Adding WMI Filesystem Utilization Graph to custom report"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71182#71182

I see some default graphs available under each of my monitored servers that show things like Filesystem Utilization, but I can't find any way to add those graphs to a report I created. The graphs I want can be found under Server/Windows/WMI/devices/<servername>/os/filesystems/C

I have tried creating a graph in the report using the same data point and other details as the ones in the template, but it doesn't ever render. Here's all the graph point info I'm using in my custom report:

Name: FreeMegabytes
Type: DataPoint
DataPoint: FreeMegabytes_FreeMegabytes
Consolidation: AVERAGE
RPN: 1048576,*,${here/totalBlocks},/,${here/blockSize},/,100,*,100,-,-1,*
Limit: -1
Line Type: Line
Line Width: 1
Stacked: True
Color (Hex value RRGGBB):
Format: %6.2lf%%
Legend: Used

Here's my component versions:
Zenoss 4.2.0
Linux (x86_64) 2.6.32
Zope 2.13.13
Python 2.7.2
MySQL 5.5.27 (Ver 5.5.27)
RRDtool 1.4.7
Twisted 11.0.0
RabbitMQ 2.8.4
Erlang 5.8.5
NetSnmp 5.5.0
PyNetSnmp 0.30.3
Wmi 1.3.15

I know there is an update available, but I am just trying to show people the reporting capabilities in a POC right now. If everything is to their satisfaction I will re-implement on a production scale using the latest version. Let me know if there's anything I should try, or if I need to collect some sort of error logs to discover why the graph won't generate.