Graphing stops if data source cycle is increased.
0graham0
2011-12-09 20:31:07 UTC
0graham0 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/0graham0] created the discussion

"Graphing stops if data source cycle is increased."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63189#63189

I recently got a data source set up and graphing is working if the data source is set to 5 second cycles (info in http://community.zenoss.org/message/63187#63187 http://community.zenoss.org/message/63187). If I change the cycles to 60 or 300 seconds then the graph stops recording. I've tried increasing the max Y coordinate, however it appears that graphing simply ceases.

If I set a threshold I am getting events so it appears that the data is still being collected. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2011-12-09 20:44:21 UTC

"Re: Graphing stops if data source cycle is increased."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63193#63193

You can't change the interval of data collection without dropping the existing RRD file. Sadly, you then lose historical data, but you can do this simply by finding the appropriate RRD in $ZENHOME/perf/devices/devicename/datapointname.rrd  and deleting it, waiting 15 minuts for Zenoss to regenerate with new intervals and there you go.

0graham0
2011-12-09 20:55:07 UTC
0graham0 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/0graham0] created the discussion

"Re: Graphing stops if data source cycle is increased."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63190#63190

Thanks again jmp. I read that elsewhere but misunderstood the reference - i figured there was another global setting for data collection intervals. I'm waiting for the .rrd to be regenerated, I will post back with the result.

0graham0
2011-12-09 21:28:29 UTC
0graham0 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/0graham0] created the discussion

"Re: Graphing stops if data source cycle is increased."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63206#63206

Thanks jmp, the graph is working now.