Dashboard Question
Stefan Reinke
2012-01-31 06:17:26 UTC
Stefan Reinke [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Stefan] created the discussion

"Dashboard Question"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64022#64022

I have setup a Zenoss core (3.2.1), and I was wondering if it is possible to let the zenoss device issues portlet scroll automatically from top to bottom and back to top (Continues in a loop). The reason for this is, we have a lot of devices that are being monitored by zenoss and sometimes there can be as many as 30 offline.

The output of this will be displayed on a huge screen in the support area, so that they are aware of certain devices that may be offline.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Shane Scott
2012-01-31 21:10:39 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Dashboard Question"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64072#64072

Stefan Reinke:

A better option would be for you to create a 'Event View' ( http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-9426 http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-9426) which shows exactly what you wish displayed criteria/filter wise. Use the browser zoom to enlarge it and set the refresh time to something reasonable. Walla! :)

Best,
--Shane

Stefan Reinke
2012-02-01 06:26:13 UTC
Stefan Reinke [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Stefan] created the discussion

"Re: Dashboard Question"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64078#64078

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your reply.

I have played with the 'Event view' option, but the only problem for me is not all the devices can be displayed on one screen,because of so many devices being down. That is why I thought of the option to let the page scroll from top to bottom etc. So that all the down devices will get displayed at some time.

Do you maybe know a way to achieve this?

Regards,
Stefan

mwcotton
2012-02-01 21:47:13 UTC
mwcotton [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mwcotton] created the discussion

"Re: Dashboard Question"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64086#64086

I think there are some addins for firefox to do the scrolling, but a better solution would be to break your devices up into some sort of logical groups and put the groups on mulitple tabs and use a slideshow addin  to switch between tabs.

Shane Scott
2012-02-01 22:22:16 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Dashboard Question"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64097#64097

Stefan:

Is it possible to turn the monitor to portait mode? I think that would give you quite a lot more space to display the events.

--Shane