Zenoss VM failover with high availability problem.
Court Harris
2012-10-26 20:41:42 UTC
Court Harris [http://community.zenoss.org/people/courtneyjh] created the discussion

"Zenoss VM failover with high availability problem."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69567#69567

We are trying to setup Zenoss 4 high availability by running a VM on top of Hyper-V. We have two Hyper-V host machines with a different set of hardware for each. Replication between the two host machines has been setup and is working properly. The site1 Zenoss VM has been up and running without any problems, and we can successfully fail the host machine over to site2. We had to setup a cron job to check what site the VM is currently residing in, and then make IP configuration changes due to IP, subnet, and MAC address needing to be different. Everything fails over fine between site1 and site2, but when Zenoss goes to start on site2 the Zenhub will not start with the following errors:

OperationalError: (2002, "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)") 2012-10-24 12:25:59,841 WARNING zen.ZenHub: Connection to ZODB interrupted, will try to reconnect again in 1 seconds. 2012-10-24 12:26:01,461 WARNING relstorage.adapters.mysql: Unable to connect: (2002, "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)") 2012-10-24 12:26:01,461 WARNING zen.ZenHub: Connection to ZODB interrupted, will try to reconnect again in 2 seconds. 2012-10-24 12:26:04,083 WARNING relstorage.adapters.mysql: Unable to connect: (2002, "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)") 2012-10-24 12:26:04,083 WARNING zen.ZenHub: Connection to ZODB interrupted, will try to reconnect again in 4 seconds. 2012-10-24 12:26:08,321 WARNING relstorage.adapters.mysql: Unable to connect: (2002, "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)") 2012-10-24 12:26:08,321 WARNING zen.ZenHub: Connection to ZODB interrupted, will try to reconnect again in 6 seconds. 2012-10-24 12:26:10,627 WARNING relstorage.adapters.mysql: Unable to connect: (2002, "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket

In the scenario above, what needs to change in order for the Zenhub to start? MySQL is running without any problems, so I am thinking it has to do with the ethernet interface changes that happen. Everything else on the Zenoss framework daemons are running ok, just Zenhub is down and will not start. Any help is appreciated.

Richard Carter
2012-10-27 20:02:28 UTC
Richard Carter [http://community.zenoss.org/people/daydreamblighter] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss VM failover with high availability problem."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69569#69569

I have a similar issue with Zenhub not starting after a reboot. In my case, all I did was reboot the Zenoss appliance!

At first I thought the problem was caused by changing the VM's IP from DHCP to static, but then I started again and I have the same problem even running the VM with DHCP (with a reservation so it always gets the same address).

Thread here: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69557#69557 http://community.zenoss.org/message/69557#69557