Multiple Memory Threshold Alerts
arshadkhan20
2013-05-31 07:24:02 UTC
arshadkhan20 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/arshadkhan20] created the discussion

"Multiple Memory Threshold Alerts"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73412#73412

HI,

I have installed Zenosss Core 3.2.1 with Windows Simple Performance Monitor zenpack. I  need to configured different threshold CPU and memory alerts on different windows based servers.

Now, if i modified threshold value on one machine by "here.getRRDValue('MemoryTotal') * 0.8" then threshold value on all windows based servers is also changed :(

I have also tried the same by creating a sub class in Windows but same things happening with me.

Regards,
Arshad

joanypony
2013-05-31 08:31:26 UTC
joanypony [http://community.zenoss.org/people/joanypony] created the discussion

"Re: Multiple Memory Threshold Alerts"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73413#73413

Hi Arshad,

If you want to have specific limits per machine, create a local copy of the template just for that machine. If you have different groups of machines that each need a different template, create one for each of them.

For the local copy - this will only apply on that device.
go to device -> Click on the gear, Click "Create Local Copy".

For a template to apply to a device class.

Go to Advanced -> Monitoring Templates -> search for "Server/windows" under "Device"
Highlight it, in the gear icon, select "override template", select the device class you want to apply a new template too.Then any changes made to this template will only affect hosts in that device class.

Good Luck.

Regards,
Joan

2013-05-31 12:37:49 UTC