I dun broke my zenoss
frederic poirier
2012-05-09 18:07:19 UTC
frederic poirier [http://community.zenoss.org/people/EnderWiggins] created the discussion

"I dun broke my zenoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66276#66276

I went and modified my production states and now zopectl throws error:

2012-05-09T13:59:04 ERROR extdirect (200, 'lower')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenUtils/extdirect/router.py", line 128, in _processDirectRequest
    result = _targetfn(**data)
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/Zuul/routers/device.py", line 181, in getDevices
    devices, details = facade.getDeviceList(uid, start, limit, sort, dir, params)
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/Zuul/facades/devicefacade.py", line 147, in getDeviceList
    query=query, hashcheck=hashcheck)
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/Zuul/tree.py", line 290, in search
    queryResults = self._queryCatalog(types, queryOrderby, reverse, paths, depth, query)
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/Zuul/tree.py", line 382, in _queryCatalog
    result = self.catalog.evalAdvancedQuery(*args)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/AdvancedQuery/eval.py", line 40, in eval
    rs = _eval(query, cat)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/AdvancedQuery/eval.py", line 16, in _eval
    rs = query._eval(_QueryContext(cat))
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/AdvancedQuery/AdvancedQuery.py", line 220, in _eval
    for q in nsq: r = intersection(r, q._eval(context))
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/AdvancedQuery/AdvancedQuery.py", line 233, in _eval
    if len(sqs) >= 4: return multiunion([q._eval(context) for q in sqs])
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/AdvancedQuery/AdvancedQuery.py", line 84, in _eval
    return context._applyIndex(self, term)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/AdvancedQuery/AdvancedQuery.py", line 279, in _applyIndex
    CatalogSearchArgumentsMap(None, {index:spec})
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/ManagableIndex/ManagableIndex.py", line 362, in _apply_index
    terms= [self._standardizeTerm(t, prenormalize=not match) for t in terms]
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/ManagableIndex/ManagableIndex.py", line 565, in _standardizeTerm
    value = self._prenormalizeTerm(value, object)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/ManagableIndex/ManagableIndex.py", line 588, in _prenormalizeTerm
    return normalizer._normalize(value, object)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/ManagableIndex/Evaluation.py", line 132, in _normalize
    return evaluator._evaluate(value,object)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/ManagableIndex/Evaluation.py", line 86, in _evaluate
    v= EvalAndCall.inheritedAttribute('_evaluate')(self,value,object)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/ManagableIndex/Evaluation.py", line 58, in _evaluate
    return expr(context)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/zope/tales/expressions.py", line 217, in __call__
    return self._eval(econtext)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/PageTemplates/Expressions.py", line 127, in _eval
    ob = self._subexprs[-1](econtext)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/zope/tales/expressions.py", line 124, in _eval
    ob = self._traverser(ob, element, econtext)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/Products/PageTemplates/Expressions.py", line 79, in boboAwareZopeTraverse
    request=request)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/zope/traversing/adapters.py", line 138, in traversePathElement
    return traversable.traverse(nm, further_path)
  File "/opt/zenoss/lib/python/zope/traversing/adapters.py", line 52, in traverse
    raise LocationError(subject, name)
LocationError: (200, 'lower')

AND i cant load the infrastructure view anymore, it stays in the "Loading" state....

I searched around but no joy.. any ideas ?

themactech
2012-05-09 18:51:16 UTC
themactech [http://community.zenoss.org/people/themactech] created the discussion

"Re: I dun broke my zenoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66277#66277

what is the state of all your zenoss daemons?  I do:

sudo /etc/init.d/zenoss-stack status

and it gives me the info, give it a shot, see if any component is down

Manuel

frederic poirier
2012-05-09 19:12:27 UTC
frederic poirier [http://community.zenoss.org/people/EnderWiggins] created the discussion

"Re: I dun broke my zenoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66279#66279

I cannot find the command that you suggest but: On the daemons page all the daemons are green.

I tried to reindex from zendmd but no joy, exactly the same error i get from the zopectl daemon log.

Last backup was a loooooong time ago, curious to see how this pans out.

Its really only the infrastructure page that will not load, i can access devices from the event view.

themactech
2012-05-09 19:19:29 UTC
themactech [http://community.zenoss.org/people/themactech] created the discussion

"Re: I dun broke my zenoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66280#66280

What OS are you running, which version of Zenoss, and what installer did you use (stack, RPM, etc...)

Manuel

frederic poirier
2012-05-09 19:27:14 UTC
frederic poirier [http://community.zenoss.org/people/EnderWiggins] created the discussion

"Re: I dun broke my zenoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66296#66296

I'm running the 3.2.1 vm app.

frederic poirier
2012-05-09 19:59:55 UTC
frederic poirier [http://community.zenoss.org/people/EnderWiggins] created the discussion

"Re: I dun broke my zenoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66299#66299

And now my production states show up as "200" or "500".

I have a report that shows ALL devices and now that shows only 3 devices.

frederic poirier
2012-05-10 14:10:33 UTC
frederic poirier [http://community.zenoss.org/people/EnderWiggins] created the discussion

"Re: I dun broke my zenoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66307#66307

Fixed it!

i thought i had lost 1500+ devices and 500+ locations...

This error: "LocationError: (200, 'lower')" is telling you that a state conversion entry is missing.

What i did is i went and created a bogus state convertion with value "200" and voila!! all my records are accessible.

Now if you'll excuse me, ill go backup my zenoss install :)

themactech
2012-05-10 17:29:30 UTC
themactech [http://community.zenoss.org/people/themactech] created the discussion

"Re: I dun broke my zenoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/66295#66295

Thank you for posting your solution, might save someone's bacon later, much appreciated.

Manuel