Can Zenoss monitor ssl cert expiration and domain name expiration?
loknar28
2013-10-09 20:37:30 UTC
loknar28 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/loknar28] created the discussion

"Re: Can Zenoss monitor ssl cert expiration and domain name expiration?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74908#74908

I am sorry for reopening such an old thread, however I have not seen any other Zenpacks that address this need.
I have two questions....

1. Regarding the information pulled by the script in the zenpack, is there anyway to have the keysize pulled and included in the device details page?

2. Additionally, this zenpack is working well allowing zenoss to provide events regarding certificate expiration, however all of the graphs while clearly intended to capture this information do not contain any data.  Any ideas?

guyverix
2013-10-12 00:25:53 UTC
guyverix [http://community.zenoss.org/people/guyverix] created the discussion

"Re: Can Zenoss monitor ssl cert expiration and domain name expiration?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74939#74939

have you run zencommand -v10 to see the script in zenoss's debug mode?

As for the key size, that could be taken care of in the result, but what would you want with it?  I guess a better question is would you want that in your stdout or are you going to try and alarm off it?